Good Deal Wireless/T-mobile authorized dealer - Retailer Harassing Pre-teen girls

Posted on Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 at 5:48am CDT by bb80ccda

Company: Good Deal Wireless/T-mobile authorized dealer

Location: 800 W Prien Lake Rd Ste 100
LAKE CHARLES, LA, 70601, US

URL: http://www.tmobile.com/

Category: Stores, Shopping

On July 19, 2011 my 13 year old niece and my 11 & 12 year old daughter were walking in the Lake Charles Mall, about 25 feet in front of me. When they got near the store Buckle I saw them stop, i assumed that the Good Deal Wireless Kiosk (an authorized T-Mobile dealer was giving them a flyer, which is still inappropriate since it is illegal to solicit to children. Little did I know, it was much more than that? As I got closer, and I continued to look I saw them run toward me saying momma that man is messing with us. So, I asked them what happened, they told me that Chris Spiller said Hey, hey, come here and they said they stopped because they knew not to walk up to a strange man. After they stopped he told them turn around they said no then he said those shorts are too short, you look nasty, does your momma know you walking around like that. So went to him and asked him if he had a problem with little girls, his reply was I just wanted to know if their momma was in the mall with them. I told him that it was not his business if their mom was in the mall or not and that he needed to leave little girls alone! I asked to speak to the manager; he said I am the manager. I asked him for the number or contact person to the cooperate office he said I dont have it.

So, I called the Lake Charles police department and Mall Security. I was informed by the Lake Charles Police department that he could not make a report because he (Chris Spiller) did not physically harm them or threaten to physically harm him. He said the most he could do go talk to him and get the correct contact information for his manager, because everyone has someone above them. After speaking with Chris Spiller, the Police officer came back with the corporate office number and told me he understood why I was upset, and that he told him that if he wanted to keep his job in the mall he should keep his mouth shut when it comes to little girls. The mall security guard took my report and he told me that Mr. Spiller did not follow mall protocol with regard to proper dress. He stated that he would give his report to the Simon Mall Manager first thing in the morning since it was after 6pm and the business office was closed for the day. Mall security explained that the correct thing for a mall worker to do if they feel that someone is dressed in appropriately is to contact mall security and that its up to mall security to determine if their attire is offensive. Then he (mall security) gave me the dress code regulations and he said that my daughters were in no way breaking the code of dress for mall patrons. He said they are fully clothed and they had nothing exposed. I told both of them thanks, and I will follow up with this until this pervert is FIRED!

With that said, My First Concern is he had NO right to stop my children and tell them anything.

If he felt that my children were dressed inappropriately, he is OBLIGATED to follow Simon malls protocol since his employer rents a booth in their mall.

However since he chooses not follows Simons malls protocol he should be terminated immediately. Furthermore, I find it really strange that a GROWN man asked some little girls to come see and turn around then get upset and tell them that they looked nasty when they didnt do what he asked. Finally, I cant stop wondering why this ADULT wanted to know so badly if there mom was in the mall?

What if I wasn't, would he have taken it ever further to groping, or even rape!!!

THIS HAS TO BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!!