Sears Credit Cards Issued By Citibank - Poor Credit Services - SearsMasterCard

Company: Sears Credit Cards Issued By Citibank

Location: PO Box 6282
Sioux Falls, SD, 57117-6282, US

URL: http://www.searscard.com/

While in Sears today our use of our Sears MasterCard was denied. We learned that a $13.65 charge in May that appeared on a June statement was not paid.

While we have used this card many times, paid timely on all bills for years, they have been NOTORIOUS for not sending statements every month. Fortunately, most months I'm vigilant to check my online account. However, as with other online payments, I never accept paperless billing so I have a firm reminder that charges may have appeared so I can ensure they are valid and are paid timely.

I forgot my wife purchased a T-Shirt. No statement was sent. Yet, these complete ignorants explained that I could just go on line and pay. I explained that while I was vigilant I never accepted or authorized paperless billing. When I challenged the $2.00 late fee, they said they would submit it for "review." After 20 minutes on the phone and a customer service agent who said it was probably the mail, I cancelled the card.

I've purchased and paid for thousands of dollars on the Sears Citibank Mastercard and for $13.65 they give no notice e-mail or mail or phone; but guarantee they'll call to send a new version of their Sears cards. I've called in the past with similar complaints and I'm the proactive one to pay.

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS CARDS. THEY MANIPULATE AND MISMANAGE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS THE SCRIPTS WRITTEN FOR THEM AS THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF GIVING SERVICE LET ALONE A DARN ABOUT A CUSTOMER. WHY SHOULD THEY, THERE ARE PLEANTY OF OTHERS WHO WOULD TOLERATE CITI-CARD'S RETAIL CARD "GARBAGE" SERVICES.

So guess what....CITI...I'll pay cash; or pay AMEX. At least they give a $*&($&.