Verizon Wireless - Verizon's Stellar Service

Posted on Friday, July 1st, 2011 at 5:25pm CDT by 66058e62

Company: Verizon Wireless

I renewed my contract on 5 lines with Verizon in 2009. I was told that I would have a bank of 1000 minutes that would be used if we went over our minutes for the duration of the 2 yr contract. We never go over our family minutes, so I didn't think I'd need it. Unfortunately, we did go over our mins one month by 230 mins, which Verizon conveniently tried to charge us for! I called to explain to them the mix-up, and was treated rudely--the rep told me there was nothing that could be done except for me to pay it. I hung up, called back, and another rep actually looked into the problem, and made an adjustment on my bill, however, I lost the additional bank mins that I was promised for the duration of our contract.

Despite this, I decided to stay with Verizon, and recently ordered a new Thunderbolt 4G device. I had to pay $20 to upgrade TWO MONTHS early, even though my nephew upgraded several months early with no fee! Whatever, I paid it, received my phone, called up to activate it, and after an hour and thirty mins on the phone, they couldn't get it activated. I was told by a technician he would keep refreshing it to force it, and would call me back that evening to ensure it had...NO CALL!

Finally, I called Verizon Corporate office where I got in touch with an answering machine, left 3 msgs...NO CALL BACK!

Three days later my phone is STILL NOT ACTIVATED!!! I finally got in touch with someone and all they said after I told them all of this, "we can try to get that activated for you." At this point, I was looking for some reassurances for keeping this phone, and sticking with Verizon for another 2 years, but all I received was reasons to leave!

I've been with Verizon for years, and it seems like they care less and less about their customers! Looks like I'm gonna send the phone back, and ride out the last few months of our contract and part ways with them.

To add insult to injury, they say they won't refund the $20 I paid to upgrade 2 months early, and I'll be charged a $35 restock fee even though the PHONE WASN'T ACTIVATED!!!