Child Custody & Mediation Clinic Dr. Karen Van Beyer Ph.D., LCSW - Hasn't changed

Posted on Thursday, January 6th, 2011 at 8:17am CST by Anonymous

Product: Dr. Karen Van Beyer Ph.D., LCSW

Company: Child Custody & Mediation Clinic Dr. Karen Van Beyer Ph.D., LCSW

Location: 3350 Ridgelake Dr # 200
Metairie, LA, 70002, US

Apparently this woman hasn't changed and how she manages to keep her license is beyond me. I am also a victim of her incomplete, error filled, and man biased reports.

Do not let her fool you in the interview process. I thought she had "changed" as she made several derogatory comments about my husband to me and our child being in a dysfunctional and immoral environment while with him and she brought up several of his character flaws. She also stated this to the other parties she interviewed for my case. She stated to me and the other parties that she did not feel our child should be with him and we should be able to live a life "free of him for our safety".

Guess what? none of it made it into her report. What DID make it into her report was how great my husband is and how much our child loves him and she also said that our child (who is under 5 years old) is daddy's son. She spent an hour with our child so how could she possibly have determined this in an hour with a child whose speech and communications aren't even fully developed. She recommended and obscene amount of visitation for a child this age, to the point that there would be no way I could keep my current job because all I would be doing was facilitating visitations.

For the sake of your children DO NOT use this persons services. She does child custody work and practices in a very unprofessional fashion. She is inattentive does not fully follow the American Psychological Association guidelines for child custody examinations. She submitted a report to the court with multiple mispelled words, incorrect dates, and gramatical errors. She did not complete her interviews with all parties before making her initial determination, the report she submitted for use in court contained extremely inaccurate information and dates.

Bottom line is this woman hasn't changed. If you agree to her do everything in your power as a mother to get another evaluator assigned. It will cost you, but your children's futures cannot be trusted at the hands of this woman. She will show total disregard to your rights as a woman and a mother to your children. Also, if you get her and this happens to you

So if you are a mom, reading this you may ask "what do I do?" This is my suggestion of some ways that may help to "fix" this before it's done

Before you could request another evaluator (for cost reasons) through Family Services. Her fees apparently used to be extremely high even though she is still not cheap $1,600. In the past you could pray to the courts that you couldn't afford her high fees and apparently she wised up because she lost a lot of evals on this. She is now about the same if not less than Family Services. If you find an evaluator that is less expensive, you can still go this route.

I was fortunate to find a loophole on her, but only after giving her my money, to get another evaluator and had to pay twice but to be honest, it is your child's future and there is no price you can put on this in my opinion. Beg borrow and steal if you have to, to afford another evaluation with someone other than her.

While writing on here and the other sites helps other moms, the people who have been effected by her malpractice needs to take swift and firm action, otherwise she will continue to harm innocent children.

File a complaint with the Louisiana Board of Social Examiners!!!

You heard me right, she's a SOCIAL WORKER! Her PhD is in Social Work, NOT PSYCHOLOGY and not CHILD PSYCHOLOGY!! She does asked to be called "doctor" and no offense but it doesn't take much to get an LSCW or a PhD in sociology. Some judges think she's a nut but some judges regards her. Talk to your attorney but your attorney has already done you an injustice if they suggest you agree to this woman and you are a woman. Every woman's organization in the city will tell you freely she's the worst of the worst!

3c4ee0ee, 2011-02-13, 11:51AM CST

This woman is an incompetant, dangerous charlatain. She is NOT a doctor. Her associates hold her in high esteem, but her victims know the truth. She is father-biased, from my own experience, and from what I have discovered after-the-fact. Judge Patrick McCabe has something going on with her, if you would simply google how many times he has ORDERED couples to use her. She must be paying him kickbacks for all the referrals. (He's a crook, as well). Since Katrina, she's moved to Metairie and has her own "practice". I have vowed to spread the word on the internet how dangerous this woman truly is to children in Jefferson Parish. My son, since turning 18 and returning to me, has had to have years of therapy due to the abuse his father heaped on him since VAN BEYER awarded him custody of this child. She's nothing but an incompetant, f**king idiot who only looks at the bottom line (money). Someday, I can only pray that she'll get hers!

3b8d99d4, 2011-05-13, 09:10AM CDT

Dr. Karen Van Beyer met with my two daughters, my ex-husband and myself. She was very sharp, wise and she DID NOT give my ex-husband 50/50 (which is what he wanted.) She did not favor a MAN in my case. She was very good at her observations and I was very happy with her recommendations to the Court. Frankly, I am sick of hearing that she is only for the Dads..my Ex hates her now and he thinks she is for the MOMS. Never is the person who didn't get what they wanted HAPPY!! But it is awful to bad mouth a person and try to ruin their career.

A MOM

c0d07b4b, 2011-08-31, 09:00PM CDT

Oh my God!!! Karen Van Beyer is crazy! Everything with her is driven by $$$ money. She gave custody to my ex (who paid more than I did, on the sliding scale), with supervised visitation to me, but ONLY with her buddy, Beverly Howze present, at $100.00 per hour! Within two months of my ex getting custody, he farmed out my kids to MY relatives! Van Beyer should lose her license. She's extremely incompetent. God help kids everywhere whose parents are forced to use her "services".

3c4ee0ee, 2011-11-08, 06:13PM CST

She's incompetent, all right. I cannot believe the state of Louisiana permits this woman to keep her "practice". I notice she's doing "mental health of infants" now. At least they can't tell the world what a fake she is.