Motherhood Maternity - Motherhood Maternity giving my credit card number out

Company: Motherhood Maternity

Location: 456 North 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19123, US

URL: http://www.motherhood.com/

In the past month I have spent $400 in Motherhood Maternity. I have spent my last dime there.

Tonight I saw a bizarre charge on my debit card for $20 from a company called "Parenting Early". I have never heard of the company so did some research online. I only found a magazine company but the price for a subscription is $9.95, so this still made no sense.

After spending thirty minutes on the phone with my bank they provided a phone number for this company.

When I contacted them with my questions, they asked if I had shopped at one of the Motherhood Maternity or Pea in the Pod stores. I had. They said that by paying with my debit card, I get a free subscription to Parenting Early and if I don't cancel within two months, I get charged.

I was never told in any of my three visits to Motherhood Maternity about any magazine subscription. I never would have given permission for any company to share my debit card information.

Parenting Early said that I should have been told at the store. They also said that by signing the receipt, I accept that I will be charged for their magazine if I don't cancel.

I asked them how would I be able to complete a purchase without signing a receipt - which gives them permission to charge me. The answer "You can't, when anyone pays with a card they must sign for, their card information can be sent to us."