Barclays Bank Credit Card Service Worst Ever!

Posted on Monday, January 31st, 2011 at 1:07pm CST by 6cae91f9

Product: USAirways MasterCard through Barclays Bank

Company: Not Available

Location: Charlotte, NC, 28215, US

I signed up for a USAirways MasterCard with Barclays Bank. One of the benefits was supposed to be that I would earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on USAirways purchases. I just found out that this is completely untrue. Checking my recent statement after a recent USAirways purchase I found that I only earned 1 mile per $1 spent. When I called to ask why, I was told that "my account" was somehow different than all the others which is why I only get 1 mile per dollar. I was then transferred to USAirways, who has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. So I called Barclay's back and once again I was transferred back to USAirways. Livid at this point I called Barclays back again and asked for a supervisor. I was put on hold then after a 10 minute wait, I was told a supervisor was not avaialable. I asked them to close my account and they said, please talk to my supervisor first, then I was put on hold again and then dis-connected!! I'm beyond frustrated at this point and plan to close my account if I can ever get someone on the phone. This is the worst customer service experience I can remember having in quite some time.