eFollett - No Transparency or Help at efollett

Posted on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 at 2:36pm CST by ff04308a

Product: Textbook Rental

Company: eFollett

Category: Unauthorized Charges

I rented a textbook at my university's branch of eFollett. When I got back to my dorm I found 2 emails sent 2 minutes apart. The first one was for the book I rented. The latter one was for a textbook I never heard of, let alone rented. When I contacted the store and spoke to a manager, he told me to come in the next day and speak with him again. I went in and explained what I was having trouble with. He said "okay," as if it were a question, and that I had done something wrong. I pulled out the copy of the emails, and he took them and left me standing there without saying a word. After 10-15 minutes, he came back and said they had no record of the rental, and that I had to contact eFollett through their website. On the website, it only lists the contact info for the individual stores, which I had already contacted. There was no info for the national organization, and now I am left with nothing but bad experiences with the company and no help after having gone on a wild goose chase.

904f4e76, 2011-08-30, 11:15AM CDT

I ordered all my books for class online through the campus bookstore to save time and headache. Big mistake. No sooner than I get my confirmation that my order is ready to be picked up it actually wasn't said the store employee that next day. If it wasnt ready then why would I get two emails in one day saying they were? Hmmm okay. So I waited another day and what do you know the exact same email and this time it's valid. So I pick up what I think are all my books only to find out they shorted me and gave me no form for it. I paid $68 for an invisible book. I contacted the manager by email and called at least 6 times in 2 weeks and it's now on backorder. I'm still waiting for something I've already paid for and supposedly already have. Dont waste your money.