CyberDefender - My PC/Cyber Defender Rip Off

Company: CyberDefender

Location: 317 West 7th Street
Los Angeles, Ca, 90017, US

URL: http://www.cyberdefender.com/

I called my pc and signed up for their two year technical support for 300 plus dollars. From the moment they touched my pc it quit working correctly. Took me six hours of my own time to get the CAC feature back on my laptop. Called back multiple times to be put on hold forever/hours. Was told twice I would recieve a call back, never got one. I finally after a week of trying got an account representative who informed me regardless of how my computer was messed up I still owed the 129.00 initial tech support fee. Would not waiver on this even though they messed up my laptop requiring me to take it to best buy to have it fixed. Do not do business with this company. No company should be allowed to charge a consumer for fradulant services! This company is a scam, it pretends your computer is being hacked just to get you to agree to their services then performs subpar work! To add insult to injury their was no apology, I was hung up on and stuck to remove the software myself.

8e555e00, 2011-01-19, 07:57AM CST

chargeback time, call your bank and tell them you did not get the product promised and that they refuse to make it right.

22241a09, 2011-10-23, 04:02PM CDT

These people are the worst! I am fighting them now, I stupidly signed up for their service and though I told them I didn't want the Cd that went with for an additional $15 it was sent anyway and I was charged. When I called for help setting it up the guy tried to tell me my computer had serious problems that they could fix for a mere $300-400 additional. I declined and he really didn't do more than help me set up the service. A month or so later I upgraded my computer and called them again to get help setting it up on the new computer and they were too busy to help. At that time I uninstalled cyber defender. A little over a month ago $40 was taken from my account to renew this service for another year! I had no idea and being ill and retired on a fixed income, not expecting the withdrawal caused me an over draft and a fee of $27. I called Cyber Defender and demanded my money back and was told absolutely. I had to call again to day because the money never showed up again. At first they insisted it had and eventually "resubmitted" the order....I'm not holding my breath. Take a warning from a stupid old woman. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

22241a09, 2011-10-23, 04:08PM CDT