Mohawk Smartstrand - Avoid Mohawk Smartstrand carpet

Product: carpet

Company: Mohawk Smartstrand

Location: IN, US

Category: Home, Garden

I replaced my home carpet after 15 years only because it was out-dated. I was suckered into Mohawk's smartstrand 2 years ago based on their ads. Carpet is in high traffic areas, LR, BR,stairs,hall. We have no children, no pets, take off our shoes and vacuum regularly. Within 9 months, smartstrand was looking soiled. Salesman offered cleaning after a year. Mohawk's brochure says steam cleaning will return it to like new appearance. They ran steamer over areas several times and blamed it on a shadow. Made claim with Mohawk, they made me pay to have it cleaned again and have now tried 3 times with NO results. Carpet looks soiled, almost black and awful. Mohawk sent out an inspector who wasted my time. He took a white rag and repeatedly rubbed areas until the rag looked dirty, although the carpet appearance never changed. He blamed me and everything under the sun, except the carpet. Mohawk denied my claim because dirt was transferred to the rag, it must not be the carpet. What a joke and insult. SMARTSTRAND CARPET IS JUNK. Mohawk DOES NOT honor their bogus warranty. I am warning anyone I can, not to waste your money like I did.