Marion Browning-Baker Family Law Practice - Not a Law Practice But a Scam

Posted on Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 at 12:14pm CST by 9ccff6fd

Product: Family Law Services

Company: Marion Browning-Baker Family Law Practice

Location: Regus Center Stuttgart Koenigstrasse 10 Stuttgart Germany 70173 (This is a virtual office and mail drop - she works out of her home)
Stuttgart, Ge, 70173, DE

URL: http://browningbakerlaw.com/

Marion Browning-Baker, ex US Army JAG lawyer and currently presenting her status as a US Army Reservist, has been operating her family law practice" out of her home in Stuttgart, Germany since 1996. The only problem: It is NOT a law practice but a systematic and methodical financial SCAM against every active duty service member, family member, and Department of Defense civilian which she can possibly convince to hire her for her family law "legal services" (which I use very loosely here).

Her daily ad in the Stars and Stripes (which she is no longer allowed to advertise there) was her ONLY source of clients as everyone who contacted her through this forum became nothing less than her "target of financial opportunity." Browning-Baker would take any case presented, ask for a $5,000 retainer, make you sign a statement that you will not discuss anything to do with your case with any other lawyer involved, and then drain you financially for as long as she could until you fired her.

Closure or doing what you hired her to do (or thought you did anyway) was never an intent of hers as she drags simple cases out for years. For most of her clients and I have personally discussed this with more than 10 of them who were scammed by her like I was, she got away with anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000 per client using this modus operandi.

Since she bills monthly and provides her clients with no transparency in the process whatsoever, she falsifies bills and charges her clients for no work performed, she lies to other lawyers and misrepresents the facts of your situation in order to bill you for more money, charges you for a full 30 minutes of her time to answer a 1-sentence email with another 1-sentence email, and even generates legal problems with your case which result in her being able to bill you for even more money.

I experienced ALL of the above personally. IF YOU EVER USED THIS LAWYER, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION.

35cc110e, 2011-05-16, 03:19AM CDT

I used this lawyer in 2001. She charged me $26,300 and never got me divorced. All she did was write emails back and forth with some stateside lawyer which I was not allowed to talk to because she made me sign a statement that I would not do that. Then I FIRED HER because I could see her only goal was to steal my money. The lady is a total CROOK! I cant believe she is still doing this to people like is written above. Somebody should do something about this. She is a criminal and should be in jail.

d8dbe177, 2011-07-05, 06:05AM CDT

I know this Browning-Baker is a total crook. She took almost $30,000 from me to get divorced in Germany. I later found out from a JAG office over here that under German law, I could have easily done the entire divorce for under $5,000 if I went straight to a German lawyer to start with rather than going to Browning-Baker. I agree that this lawyer should go to jail. And they should throw away the key. She needs to rot there forever for what she has done to our service members and their wives. I see she no longer advertises in the Stars and Stripes. Hopefully somebody reported her.

103a03f2, 2011-07-11, 05:53AM CDT

I am another person who she also ripped off for over $30,000. We now have a group of over 50 people identified who have all been ripped by her since she started in the 1990s.

We are urging everyone to write to the Georgia State Bar (they have a website with the info you need to file complaints). Dont bother writing to Browning-Baker personally on anything. She will never reply to you as she already took your money.

BTW, word in the group has it that has been bragging to some of her ex-clients that she owns a mansion some place in the Caribbean. Guess where that money came from? Your pocket!

We are starting a Yahoo Group in an attempt to locate everyone who was ripped by her since she started all of this nonsense family law practice in Europe. Should you want to join the group, send an email to [email protected] and then tell us your story. We will keep you posted and add you to our list. And if you heard of anyone else who used her, please pass the word. Since she can no longer advertise in the Stars and Stripes, we all think we have effectively put her out of business for good. Now it is time to collect our debts back.