Cost plus World Market - Cost Plus World Market gives run around on issuing Credit of returned merchandise.

Posted on Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 at 5:57pm CST by da7bc9ca

Product: Cortes Table

Company: Cost plus World Market

URL: http://www.worldmarket.com

World Market does not allow you to cancel an on-line order, even if it is within minutes of placing the order. They do not disclose this on their website, you must search for their policy. I actually wanted this table that I had ordered, and was told I would receive it within 10 business days, not a problem. I explained that I would be moving and needed to make sure it would be delivered quickly. The customer service rep said it would be no problem. By the 15th of December, my order had not shipped out yet and I told the cust. serv. rep that I was moving and was not going to be at this address to receive the order. She told me to call the shipping company, Waybill and refuse the order over the phone, so I did. I called Waybill and they said they would send the table back to the shipper. I still have not received a credit for the table I never received and it is February 03, 2011. They continually give me the same run around when I call. The treatment that they give customers over a credit is ridiculous and makes me feel as a on-line customer, that my business is not important.

692e4946, 2011-12-15, 01:40PM CST

I have gone through 2 months of getting the run around from Cost Plus online customer service reps and managers. Their online customer service is the WORST! I will never order anything from them again. I received a damaged coffee table. I waited almost a month before it was picked up! Then it took another 2 weeks for them to receive the table and almost two months later I still don't have a refund. Every time I call I am told they will put a request in which takes up to 3 business days to process and nothing ever happens! I had also ordered a dining table right after I ordered the coffee table, I tried to cancel that, but they said it had already left their warehouse and that I would have to wait for the table to arrive and then refuse it and wait until they received it back in their warehouse before I got a refund. This also took several weeks and several calls! VERY FRUSTRATING!