Directv - Directv lies!

Company: Directv

Location: 2230 E. Imperial Hwy El Segundo, CA 90245
El Segundo, Ca, 90245, US

URL: http://directv.com/

I have it installed by one of their "professional" installers. Within a month, we have a problem with the equipment. They have to send someone out to fix this issue. That issue got fixed, and then our whole home DVR stopped working mysteriously. We called in on 3 separate occasions, my wife emailed once. Ironically, the couldn't locate but one phone call and the one email. They said they had no record of any other phone calls. I have gone through the resetting my device, they have resent signal to the box, and nothing helped. On the last phone call they decided to inform me that they could send someone out on a service call, but it would cost me $49.95. Now, here is my problem, I asked for credit for the last months that I had been paying for whole room DVR that I hadn't been able to utilize. The CSR I talked to put me through to a supervisor. He told me that he could give me one month credit because of the showing one phone call and one email. I also asked why it would cost me for their faulty equipment to be fixed. He couldn't give me an answer, however he did give me a rebuttal of "We have a protection plan that will cost you" I told him that seemed like a way to get more money from me, as if I had been offered that "protection plan" when the contract was signed, or even after the 1st equipment problem repair trip, I would have purchased it. I was not offered this until it was a big problem.