Target - worst return policy and customer service

Posted on Friday, February 18th, 2011 at 1:21am CST by 8be0d729

Company: Target

Location: Westminster, ca, US

Target has the worst return policy. I bought a cool humidifier at Target 3 weeks ago. I noticed the machine was too strong and noisy and had water mist spraying up from the machine. I had to put a wide towel under the machine to protect my wood floor. After using it for a couple of weeks, I don't like this machine and brought it to Target to return. But Target did not let me return and asked me to get a new one for exchange. But the fact is that there is no defect in the machine itself. I just don't like the mist spraying into my face when I come close to it. Target said I could NOT return once it was opened, but if I don't open to use or test it, how would I know if I would like it or not. It is not fair for consumers not to have a right to choose what is best for them. Other stores have a much better return policy. Normally consumers can return any opened item for any reason within 30 days, and they can be charged for restocking fee. This no-returned "some opened box item" policy at Target is a really bad way of doing business. I would advise any one to be very careful at buying any electronics at Target because of its unfair returned policy.