T-Mobile - T-Mobile: wrong information provided to customers

Company: T-Mobile

Location: Customer Relations P.O. Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM, 87176-7380, US

URL: http://www.t-mobile.com/

On date of January 13th 2011, I came to a T-Mobile shop (2409 Broadway, NY 10024) to buy a prepaid mobile phone. The woman who took care of me explained me clearly all the options I had, if I want to buy a pre-paid SIM-card.

I decided to take the $15 monthly plan. Moreover, I asked that person if this monthly plan would allow me to send texts to and receive texts from the international. She told me that I should take an additional monthly plan of $10 to be able to do so.

On date of January 17th 2001, I went to another T-Mobile shop (732 Broadway, NY 10003) with a friend who wanted to buy the same monthly plan as I did. The woman who took care of us was unfriendly, seemed to be busy and having better to do than serving us: she told us that T-Mobile was not doing this kind of monthly plan anymore. We insisted, since I bought one 4 days earlier, but we were chased away and sent to the nearest K-Mart.

The same day, we stepped by another T-Mobile shop (12 John Street, NY 10038). The salesperson was very friendly, took care of us and spent time explaining the different options we had. My friend was able to purchase the same monthly plan than I had (event tough we were told T-Mobile was not selling it anymore!) but I also learned that she was able to send texts to and receive texts from the international, without having to purchase the international option.

To sum up, the information that is given to customers strongly vary from a shop to another and customers may have to buy useless options because of this. Moreover the welcome and the helpfulness of T-Mobile's employees, in some shops, tend to be verified and improved.