la jagu inn & suites - denied service although paid in full

Posted on Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 at 9:28pm CST by d5157714

Product: hotel reservation

Company: la jagu inn & suites

Location: 5930 hwy 167 north
WINNFIELD, LA, 71483-5075, US

URL: http://www.lajaguinnandsuiteswinnfieldla.com/

Category: Travel, Vacations

i booked my reservations online and was paid in full online. my grandmother passed away on 2/06/2011. she was 103 with 11 children, and over 265 grandchildren. this small town (hotel) was full of family and friends that has travel miles and miles to attend her home-coming services. i was refused service and/ or the opportunity to check in my paid room because a very rude general manager named tammy roddy, stated that the policy states that check in time starts at 3pm only. i noticed that its nowhere stated on my confirmation nor is it stated on their reservation confirmation, so i asked tammy to please show me the policy in writing. of course she was unable to do so yet she pointed to a plaque on the wall that in fact states "check in 3p ; check out 11am. i notified her that many of the rooms there were booked full of my family members and that we were in town only for a funeral. well me being african american and she white, i felt violated and angered by her lack of professionalism, empathy , and compassion. i recommend nobody to support that business and/or lack thereof.