Budget Car Rental - Bait and switch

Product: car rental

Company: Budget Car Rental

Location: livonia, mi, US

URL: http://budget.com/

On 1-6-11 I rented a car for 113.83 till 1-10-11. I called budget on the 10th to check the price to extend my rental. The reservation agent at the 800-621-2844 told me that from 1-6-11 thru 1-13-11 it would only cost me 123.63 plus a 10.00 extension fee. I asked him over and over if it was only a 20.00 difference for the extra 4 days to rent the car and he said YES. I asked if I would receive another confirmation email and he told me yes. i never received that. On 1-13-11 I returned the car to find that the rep lied to me and the charge was now 226.27. I complained to the store and they told me to contact the toll free number because that's who I talked to. i spoke with them and asked them to pull the recording. The funny things is they said since I called the toll free number that went over seas they could not pull the recording. How great is that. So this rep tell me a price and when I got to return the call I am charged a higher price. So I get charged NSF at my bank.Plus the extra 100.00 and the sad thing is the company would not help me at all. This is a horrible way to treat customers. Never will I use them again. I even filed a complaint with the BBB and they didnt help me.Please beware!