Sears - Sears protection plan

Posted on Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 at 8:30am CST by 3c919465

Product: LG washer

Company: Sears

Location: Rockville, Ma, US

My LG washer that I bought from Sears only 1 1/2 years ago started acting up (could not be turned on unless I unplugged unit and plugged it back in). Fortunately, so I thought, I had purchased a Sears protection agreement. A technician came in and diagnosed that the board was bad and ordered the parts. We had to wait 10 days for the next appointment, only to be told when the technician came in that the motor apparently was bad and new parts had to be ordered. This time the earliest date they had was 2 weeks later!

We have two young kids (one is a toddler) at home. Anyone with kids knows that one month without a washer is a major problem!

With a protection plan I expect a certain level of competence and more importantly expect fast repairs not two week wait times each time a technician comes in!

3c919465, 2011-02-04, 06:06PM CST

After 3 weeks I was contacted by Sears corporate who apparently has a special unit to deal with situations like this. My case was forwarded to them by a customer service rep. They set up a service appointment for the following day. Now that's service! Sears just needs to work on their service at the local level.