Telefonica O2 Ireland

Location: Telefonica Ireland Limited 28-29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay
Dublin, Du, Dublin 2, IE

URL: http://www.o2online.ie

Dear Sir/Madam,

this complaint is against O2 Ireland against the services they rendered to my postpaid connection (0876321025).

When I requested through email to end my post-paid service and convert it into prepaid service, the company sent me an email requesting me to contact me one month further. I did not contact them over the phone because of waiting time involved as customer care execs are very busy almost all the time.

The problem is after one month i was completely busy with my studies and forgot this issue completely. I was in a new country (France) and using a different mobile operator's service.

Just today I came to see my bank account to see that I have been paying for a service I did not use in last year.I did not even insert sim card into a cell-phone.

I called customer care straight about this today. Talked to the executive. I requested to end my connection and refund the money. But refund was refused as I had not sent an email to them one year ago. As for ending the service, again, I am told to write an email to O2.

Interestingly enough, I also paid monthly insuarnce of about 6 euro per month for about a year for a phone I discarded long ago!

My complaint is: O2's refusal to refund money that I have paid against their bills raised considering I have not even inserted their sim-card into any mobile phone for last one year. If it was my fault not to remind them after one month of sending the first email, is it not their fault also not to remind me again after one month?

I would say quality of service is low even if standard of service is high.

Thanks