Dynamic Fitness - Defrauding the Disabled

Company: Dynamic Fitness

Location: 8927 Fingerboard Road, Suite B Frederick, MD 21704
Frederick, Md, 21704, US

URL: http://www.dynamicfitnessfrederick.com/contact-us.html

I went to Dynamic Fitness located in Urbana, MD seeking personal training and fitness services. When I say fitness services I am specifically speaking of a dietician and a meal plan that I was supposed to be provided with. I was told I had to pay for everything upfront, which I did. The owner of the business, Charles Dorsey Jr was the trainer I was working directly with. I attended three sessions of the forty I paid for when I was informed that no more sessions could take place until I got a note from my doctor. I questioned why I hadn't been asked about a doctor's note previously if it was an actual concern, since the condition I had was known about previously but I got no answers. At this point in time I asked to be refunded my money for the remaining sessions because these hassles were becoming more than I was willing to deal with. The hassles I speak of were the trainer/Owner calling me and changing my appointment times/canceling multiple appointments. The trainer would offer up excuses for why I had not been put in contact with the dietician, when I asked about the diet plan pretty much every time we spoke. It was always "the dietician is busy, she'll call you in a few days." The trainer took my money, knowing what medical conditions I had. The trainer had assured me my medical condition would not be an issue yet suddenly the need for medical documents became another challenge. Normally if someone can't do what they were paid to do, such as train someone, they would gladly offer the money back. So to recap he took 2000 from me for training services, told me he wouldn't train me and he also wouldn't give me my money back. I don't know if he intentionally meant to defraud the disabled or if that was just a convenient accident. For two months Conversations were had about the money. I allowed the trainer to negotiate with my brother-in-law because I personally felt his conversations with me were extremely uncomfortable and he was using verbal intimidation and ignoring what I plainly told him I expected. These talks went on for weeks because the trainer always had a reason why he couldn't give the money back. He would say he was too busy to talk and he'd call next week... then he'd say he needed time to calculate what I owed him for the work he'd done then someone was sick, then someone died, then he was out of town. On December 12 I spoke to the trainer on the phone, he said he would email me but not before he yelled at me and was completely unprofessional in every way possible. I received an email stating he admitted to owing me 1600. He was going to charge me 80 dollars for various conversations that he had over the last several week, which wouldn't have happened if he had given me my money when I originally asked for it. In the email he stated he would mail a check within the week. A week has past and no check has come my way. Over all I am extremely unhappy with this entire experience. I feel that I have been used on a number of levels that go beyond just being unprofessional.