United Healthcare (UHC) - United Healthcare's myUHC.com busted

Posted on Friday, December 16th, 2011 at 4:34pm CST by 04ca8d84

Company: United Healthcare (UHC)

URL: http://myuhc.com/

I have tried for weeks to get a routine piece of paperwork off the myUHC.com website. I know how to find it. I can see the link. But it doesn't work. Clicking on what looks like it should download the PDF produces an error of "We're sorry but your request can not be completed at this time. Please try your request again later" or "<long pathname>/Downloads/getColdPdfMedicalEob.do could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred".

Every time I've tried for a month.

So I finally call the "technical" support line, and encounter three of the least competent "tech" people I've ever dealt with.

The first one tells me that it's all working fine on her end, and if I can't get the file to download from the Internet, maybe I'm using an old version of Acrobat Reader. (I'm not, but how could the Acrobat version matter when I don't have any files to open in the first place?!)

The second (a "supervisor") tells me that it's working fine on her end, and since everyone runs MS Windows, especially for legally protected confidential information (I'm not), I should reboot my computer system and maybe that will help (even though the computer has been rebooted three times in the last month, with no change in my ability to download these files).

The third (another "supervisor") tells me that since one of the two error messages says something about a .DO file (a Java application), then maybe renaming that file to .PDF will solve the problem (again: I DON'T HAVE A FILE THAT COULD BE RENAMED!).

Not one of these alleged "tech" people had ever heard of this thing called "Javascript", which is how the website figures out which PDF file it ought to be sending to my downloads folder.

Eventually, when I explain to the third person that what's been decorated to look like a regular link to a PDF is actually a javascript line that says "javascript:popupWoutCtrls(medEob);" even though her brain-dead IE-on-Windows computer can't show that fact to her and she has no clue at all how to parse the HTML files, she wonders whether I might not be using Internet Explorer on Windows.

Of course I'm not. I like a computer that actually works -- you know, a computer that only needs to be rebooted for some system software upgrades, not whenever you want to use it? -- and a browser that isn't actually famous worldwide for security problems.

So it turns out that despite their page "What browsers does this Web site support? saying that they support "Firefox versions 1.07 or newer", they lied. The recent versions aren't supported. (They also don't bother to tell you things like it won't work at all if you have javascript disabled.)

So at her urging, I switched to a version of Safari that was supposedly on the supported list, and it worked... sort of (if you don't mind displaying the file, opening it in another program, and then manually saving the file)... once. As soon as I hung up the phone, I got the same old error message: "We're sorry but your request can not be completed at this time. Please try your request again later."

a4c27e2c, 2015-05-06, 01:51PM CDT

United Healthcare hoaxed my medical files and impersonated me, my only opinions are stated in this comments. been my insurance 2012 until Dec.2014. Also 2011 as another insurance until they changed to just UHC name.They have payed medical services for me but with strings attached. They sent me to hired gun type doctors and had medical providers behaving like them on several occasions. My lumbar sacral spine degenerative conditions and cervical spine conditions with lower and upper extremities radiculopathy was repeatedly deleted from my med records over and over,even fibromyalgia was obliterated as well. Have all treatments and diagnoses however.They pulled stunts on me sending me into physical therapy without any diagnoses at all, and i got hurt back,numb feet and I left.Told UHC and they send me to another, this time brought med info and P.T. gave me decent treatment, however found out stunt pulled again as no diagnoses put in by UHC and doctor they paid off and coached.So at end of P.T. it says a function report on bending lifting carrying! The p.t.s NOT have me do ANY bending or twisting or stooping or ROMs of trunk or waist at all! No lifting or carrying exercises either. P.T. said keep back upright,NO bending at waist or trunk,bad for back and gave me exercises to not aggravate low back and modify.UHC FORCED CON artist remark to be left in record by the P.T.s by having me measure a little bit more forward on last day bend from trunk as compared to first day and have that equal, bending lifting carrying partially resolved. Not even legit! Of course P.Ts did not have audacity to ask me if it did and I got no paperwork with questions last day.Also saw in my record from pain clinic they were influenced apparently by UHC, as did not give P.T. info. and also put freak tens as my pain levels without meds about 8 months after was there which I never was, ludicrous,they put ONE number on pain levels without meds this ten littering my record several time, playing the shes crazy or cured game. I made in writing to fix errors and keep in records. However, the one P.T. I had the very first time was so corrupted she put I did exercises I never did and boldly hoaxed P.T. record.This was a junejuly2012 P.T. records content I had not read until about october13,2014. I made complaint about this P.t.person doing that to UHC and UHC blew it off.I got right after making report fibe hoaxed goofball multiple provider complaint appeal requests in mail in november2014 and one dated Dec.4,2014,UHC putting a company and individuals name on last lettre, saying I made multiple reports over and over and they cannot let me appeal duplicates. Like I am a nut job game UHC playing,retaliation cause they part of all the hoaxed train wreck medical records and retaliating to make me look bad some more.I also got Dec5 and 8,two phony pranky UHC answering machine messages to call them about my multiple requests for therapy! I never requested therapy or even had phone contact with them since oct.27,2014 about that P.T.complaint.I only faxed in november to UHC to send me those files, that I never made reports and wanted files that they put in my patient I.D.files these five bogus reports UHC indicated.They only sent more harrassing reports.I dropped UHC right after that incident and no more contact period. Been trying to clean my med records up and corrected. Trying to get those fake five reports and places I get hold of not been able to help. My med record is all hoaxed up from UHC and they probably pay off and have cronies covering for them. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE health insurance!!