PEOPLESMART.COM - PEOPLESMART.COM SCAM

Company: PEOPLESMART.COM

Location: P.O. Box 391146
Omaha, NE, 68139, US

URL: http://my.peoplesmart.com/

Peoplesmart.com is a rip off. They will sell you a ONE TIME purchase of $1.95, BUT if you do not watch the transaction very, very, very carefully...you will find that you have AUTOMATICALLY, BY DEFAULT...been added to a 7 day "free trial" and after 7 days, you'll automatically be billed $39.95. AND if you don't happen to catch that, you will be billed indefinitely (according to their statement) annually until you figure it out and cancel it. This is a very, very deceitful way to do business. I think of various GREAT companies to do business with on the web. They would NEVER do such a thing. Seems to me that these folks believe the ONLY way to get your money is to SIMPLY 1) deceive you... & 2) just take it.

The good news is...when I called them and complained about it...though they were very defiant and demanded that I am responsible...that I supposedly had an opportunity at checkout to OPT out...(I am sure the big print giveth, and the small print taketh away if that's even true)...and they insisted that they also TOLD me on my receipt.

It's a shame that people have to make money by such deceptive, dishonest approaches. It's a type of stealing.

Their phone number is 888-813-0008. They were argumentative...they were self-righteous, but they did immediately refund the charges. (of course, I called them the moment they billed me--thank God for Paypal--who emails me a receipt after every purchase!)