Bridgeport Hospital - NO treatment at Bridgeport Hospital ER in CT

Company: Bridgeport Hospital

Location: Bridgeport Hospital 267 Grant Street Bridgeport, CT 06610
Bridgeport, CT, 06610, US

URL: http://www.BridgeportHospital.com

This is a WARNING for anyone seeking emergency treatment from Bridgeport Hospital in Bridgeport, CT.

I was rushed to the emergency room by ambulance from my primary doctors office on Monday, August 8th 2011 at aprox. 10:30am. I was suffering from several health problems. I was having an allergic reaction from an antibiodic given to me by another doctor for tonsilitis, dehydration from not eating or drinking for over 48 hours, not urinating in over 24 hours, heart palpatations with chest pain and severe exhaustion from having no sleep for over 48 hours. I also had swollen lymphnodes in my neck, arm pits and groin. In the ambulance I received oxygen and an IV was started with fluids.

Upon entering the emergency room, I was given 4 baby asprin to chew and placed on a gernie in the hallway outside the er...across from the doors for the ambulance. I was given a blanket and my tempature, blood pressure and pulse were taken by a triage nurse. I was taken off the oxygen and the IV fluids although the iv remained in place. I stayed there for 5 and a half hours before an emergency room doctor came over and talked to me for 3 minutes and left. Then about 45 minutes later I was sent for a chest xray and brought back to the hallway. I had blood drawn when I came back from xray. Aprox. an hour later a nurse came over and said they had a room in the emergency room for me. I told her I was going to rip my IV out of my arm and leave if I wasnt seen by a doctor. Aprox. 30 minutes later I was seen by a cardiologist and hooked up to an ekg machine. I had a severe headache due to the dehydration and the nurse gave me 3 tylenol, had me sign papers and I was sent home to "sip water". Never saw a doctor other than the cardiologist. Was checked by nursing staff 3x while I was there. I left just as sick as I was when I was brought into the emergency room.

This is unacceptable. I have filed a formal report with the CT Health Department, Bridgeport Hospital and with my health insurance. And if necessary I will hire an attorney to file a law suit against the hospital and its pathetic emergency room staff. I refuse to pay any bill sent to me. I have since been to my primary doctor for a follow up and have been medically treated for my health problems and have several other doctor appointments with doctors who will treat my needs.

In conclusion, you will get better emergency treatment if you drive yourself to a veterinarian.

89c381e4, 2013-10-09, 01:10PM CDT

I am trying to make a medical appointment at the urology department, they keep referring me to a private practice, is this normal?

7ddd9f02, 2013-10-21, 10:13AM CDT

The Endoscopy Department is full of nurses who are lazy. They do not want to do their jobs and act cruel and mean if they have to. There is a nurse named Theresa who is heavy set and nasty. She treated me cruelly because my blood pressure rose and she had to keep me there longer. She pulled all my vital signs tubes out in a angry manner, and when I asked her if I can use the rest room, she answered me "Now what!" I am reporting this unprofessional nurse. Also another nurse pinched me about four times before she had to send another nurse to put on my iv. She are nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!