Sears Home Services

Posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 5:02pm CDT by 4f2dd4ce

Product: Repair Service

Company: Sears Home Services

Location: Sears Protection Company, Obligor Dept. 702SRC 3333 Beverly Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Hoffman Estates, IL, 60179, US

URL: http://www.homeservices.com/

On or about 8/12, I called Sears Home Services for an appointment under my Master Protection Agreement (MPA)to repair my refrigerator. The earliest appointment they could give me was 8/20. Since my problem was not urgent, I accepted such an extended appointment. On 8/20, I received a call that the technician called in sick. I understand these things happen, but it should be Sears policy to offer overtime to the technicians so that they can fit in all the missed appointments as soon as possible. Instead, they offered me an appointment for 8/29. So, now I'm 17 days out from the first time I made the appointment. I was not at all happy with this, so, I went to their internet site. Low and behold, there was an appointment available for 8/24 (for those in the category of willing to pay $70 for a service call). So, I took this date an time. Now, today is 8/24, and no one called to tell me no one was coming. It is now 5:00 p.m. and I just called the them to find out what was happening. They said no one was coming today. They would reschedule me to 9/3. I asked what happened to the appointment on 8/29, as I never cancelled that and kept that as a back up. The person I spoke with (and I doubt that she was in the U.S.A. because her accent was very broken) ssid that they automatically cancel any other appointment. I insisted that I speak with her supervisor. She put me on hold because I told her that I would not hang up until I spoke with the supervisor. She put me of hold and I got disconnected. So, as it stands now, I don't have any appointment, no one has called to see why I'm upset, all I ever get is the run around. I will never recommend SEARS REPAIR SERVICE again. They are totally unresponsive.