DISH Network - Dish Network Moving is a JOKE!

Posted on Thursday, August 11th, 2011 at 2:09pm CDT by Chris C.

Product: Dish TV

Company: DISH Network

URL: http://www.Dishnetwork.com/

Dish advertises a "Free Move" and a "Free DVR upgrade" when moving and the company I work for is moving me to a new location, so I called today to schedule my move and was told "there will be a $100.00 fee to move you". When I asked about the free move, the lady on the phone, said "if you read the small print, some restrictions apply and we ask for the fee to pay our tech that comes out to do the work." Guess what? I am under contract with them, so now I either have to pay the $100.00 fee or they will charge me $17.50 per each month left on my contract. WHAT A JOKE!!!.

Dish claims they pride themselves on great customer service, not here....

Sorry Dish, I will pay your stupid fee only because it is cheaper than cancelling, but once my contract is up, I am going somewhere else for my TV service.

I am also going to tell my friends, family and anyone I come in contact with during my business dealings not to go with you either.

What a disappointment!!!!

a9b849d6, 2011-08-25, 06:48PM CDT

Hello, my name is Mark and I am with DISH Network customer service. The DISH Mover's promotion applies for customers based on the type of account and programming subscription. You may send an email and I can review your DISH Network account and services to see why this applied in your situation. You may contact me at [email protected] You also may view details on this promotion at dish.com by searching under the word "moving".