tom Benson Chevrolet - Tom Benson Chevrolet Poor Service/Attitude

Company: tom Benson Chevrolet

Location: 9400 san pedro
san antonio, tx, 78216, US

URL: http://www.TomBensonChevy.com/

I picked this GM dealer for a re-repair of a previous GM warranteed repair of a rear axle seal leak on a 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali.I arrived on 4/20 and was told to come back 4/21,so a 930am appointment was set.On 4/21 the SUV was brought in with an estimate of 4-5 hours to finish.Their shuttle brought me home.At 230pm they called to say the vehicle must be left overnight because the mechanic went home sick.I called back & spoke to Robert Guerra demanding a loaner car because we are a 2-car family & require 2 vehicles to operate.He promised he would call back with an answer.The call never came.My family & I cancelled many plans including my 6 hours of scheduled overtime & I used our remaining car to get to my overnight job.At 6am the next day I left a voicemail informing Robert that the SUV better be ready and that I expect compensation,perhaps 2 free oil change vouchers.At 7:15am he called back to say SUV was ready & he sent the shuttle to pick my up.When I arrived I demanded to speak to the service mgr.The manager,Harry Hewitt said they did the best they could & that I am not getting any compensation.

I have missed out on $150 in badly needed overtime because i was left "in the air" by an unfinished repair & unreturned call from Robert Guerra.Also,numerous family plans including church events had to be cancelled.This was my 1st (and last) experience at Tom Benson.Harry Hewitt could have chosen to build a bridge but instead chose to build a wall.His condescending, insensitive demeanor makes me wonder how many other complaints he gets lodged against him.

b4bb6d75, 2011-04-26, 08:52AM CDT

What the customer fails to tell you is that my technition was vomiting while he was working on his vehicle and my shop foreman sent him home . Robert informed me of the situation and we immediately tried to get this customer into a rental , only to find he has been banned from the rental company . He was very rude and demanding from the start , left very demanding and rude voice mails on Roberts phone . I would help anyone out and did in this case as well but this does not entitle him to free service when he demands it . Treat people as you want to be treated .

Harry H. Hewitt