Evergreen Pure Air - Evergreen Pure Air is Pure Greed

Company: Evergreen Pure Air

Location: PO BOX 80084
Seattle, Wa, 98108, US

URL: http://www.evergreenpureair.com/

We called this company based on a coupon from Val-Pak. The coupon was for air duct cleaning for $55.00 which included "free" dryer vent cleaning. We were charged $500.00 which included cleaning, which stated washing all the air registers. 2 men showed up, one of which did all the work. A pole was put into our ceiling to hold up a large vent after it was removed so was the paint in several places on our ceiling and wall. They also charged us a flat rate and no tax, when we called about this they offered to come back and wash the registers, clean the ceiling... the ceiling was cleaned by me as I told them and the paint had been removed by the pole. I have also filed a complaint with the dept of revenue. They said our vents were so dirty the only way they would come clean is if we paid for brushing them out and them use some type of sanitizer. After they left I looked at the back of the receipt which we only received when they were finished which stated they use chemicals for the sanitizing which we were supposed to have been informed of given a brochure before it was applied. We were neither informed of this or given a brochure. When I called with the other complaints they offered to mail one. Little late after they have already used it. What should have cost $55.00 turned out to be $500.00 They did more than was on the ad but a reasonable price should have been more like 200-250. Plus all of the things they charged for and did not do. They did not clean the dryer vent completely. Plus any business providing services should be charging and paying taxes. We are happy at all with this companies so called resolutions at fixing our problems.

471ea62c, 2011-07-22, 06:05PM CDT

I also had a negative experience with this company. When I called the office based on a value pack coupon ($29 to vacuume vents under negative pressure, dryer vent cleaning, and camera inspection) they assured me that they could do this work in a condo where the furnace is not in the unit and the dryer vents to the roof. They gave me a 2 hour window and came an hour and a half after it - I waited 3.5 hours at home during business hours. They two men who came told me that they couldn't do the work. Tried to charge me the full price just to do a simple, internal cleaning of my dryer vent OR raise the price substantially to clean my vents. They said this happens all the time - the office has no idea what they are doing. The workers who came to my condo were rude and didn't seem to care at all or work with me for a resolution... even when I asked them to call their supervisors. They didn't seem to respect their supervisors. Looks like I would have had a $500 bill like the last customer if I didn't toss the bums out. Don't use this company. Don't waste your time on the phone or waiting at home for them. The price is too good to be true because it's a scam to get you to pay lots more.

ad563634, 2011-08-29, 11:40AM CDT

Avoid this company. It's clearly a scam. My wife was told that it would have been $29 to clean the ducts only if they had already been clean. This is after calling the company to ensure that the price was going to be correct. They get into your house with the promise of a cheap price and jack up the price once inside. It took my wife yelling at them and threats to call the police to finally get them to leave.

28457f20, 2011-09-09, 12:14PM CDT

I also had a negative experience. Coupon was 29$, actual price paid over 300.

6313ffd5, 2011-09-28, 01:03PM CDT

I had the same experience as well. I called to schedule the $29 cleaning. I was hesitant right off the bat becuase the one guy was going to great measures to show me how dirty my vents where. This is in a 2006 house, it couldn't be that bad. He was even showing me on his camera all of the yellow bacteria in the vents. I'm not sure how a regular camera could pick up microscopic bacteria. Then he told me all of the vents would need to be brushed and cleaned, and this service would be an extra $75 per vent. But he would call his supervisor to see if he could get me a discount. After supposedly talking to his "supervisor" he came back and said it would normally be $850-$900 but could do it for $600. I knew he was scamming so I told him no, just stick to the $29 coupon service. He tried numerous times to get me to do the extra service, even lowering his price multiple times. Also, when I booked the appointment I told them I would want furnace maintenance. When they first arrived, they said the furnace maintenance would cost an extra $80, so I said no big deal, do it. After dealing with their other scam, I walked him over to the furnace and asked them to show me what they did for "maintenance". It was obvious that they didn't even touch the furnace. He said the other guys must not have been able to find the furnace. At this time they already had their shopvac packed into the van. I stood there and watched them perform the "maintenance" which consisted of vacuuming the reachable areas of the furnace. I could have done this myself in 5 mins. There was no maintenance what so ever. I finally was done dealing with these guys and told them to just leave. Even though the furnace maintenace was a scam, I still paid them the $120 total just to get them to leave. The one guys acted like he was very offended that I thought his service was a scam. The other thing is there is one guys who is the talker, and the other guy just scurries around the house doing "stuff" to make it look like they're working. Total scam, and I'm pissed because I still need to get my ducts cleaned and furnace maintenance.

02e833e3, 2011-09-28, 02:08PM CDT

I used a coupon from Valpac for air duct cleaning from my forced air furnace. Three workers arrived, two of whom did the work and one whose purpose was to harangue me to purchase more advanced air duct cleaning- which he did unrelentingly the entire time the others were working. I declined his high pressure offer to increase my bill from $29 to over $800, but during this non-stop monologue a mistake happened with the cleaning and my house filled with a toxic cloud of dust and grit from the air ducts. I nearly had a breakdown when this happened. The front man valiantly tore up the contract and they left. I spoke to his supervisor who also valiantly offered to reduce the cost of the air duct cleaning. I said I was paying nothing and would have to pay for professional house cleaning to deal with the mess they made. He offered to pay for the house cleaning as well, which soothed my fury somewhat. I spent the rest of that day and the following day doing continuous laundry and vacuuming. I hired professional cleaners to clean every surface in the house and called the supervisor four days later with a cleaning bill of $380. The supervisor refused to pay for it saying he gave us free duct cleaning. Yippee. They aren't charging me for the mess they made!

An investigator friend of mine found that this company was originally based in Skokie, Il, and relocated this year and was licensed in April, 2011. They had a judgement against them in June. They left Skokie after battery charges were filed against their front man by a female homeowner who said he threatened her physically when she objected to his pressure. They had six complaints against them in just one month in Skokie. The owners change their first and last names around to avoid investigative tracking of them. This was discovered in just a few minutes of professional investigative research on them. I am taking this to the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General, as I believe this company is a scam whose intent is to lure people with low cost duct cleaning, send in a professional snake oil salesman with the workers to scare you into purchasing more hyped up, unnecessary, and high cost services, and then bolt.

I strongly advise against ever using Evergreen Pure Air, or as I call them, Evergreen Toxic Air. I am now going to hire a local furnace company to actually clean my air ducts.

e9b717cc, 2011-10-18, 10:33PM CDT

You filed a complaint with a the department of revenue??!! Similar situation happened to me and I clarified with the supervisor that Illinois does not charge a sales tax on service. The technician simply was not aware. Why risk someone's job like that? Bad karma.

My husband suffers from severe allergies. And, although we did call on a $29 coupon, but ended up paying $229- he can breathe and sleep so much better. With mold and radon exposure in NW, this is should be expected. Health is priority!

e9b717cc, 2011-10-18, 10:36PM CDT

My husband suffers from severe allergies. And, although we did call on a $29 coupon, but ended up paying $229- he can breathe and sleep so much better. With mold and radon exposure in NW, this should be expected. Health is priority!

44cd4c34, 2011-10-22, 11:22AM CDT

RUN AWAY do not walk. I am such a FOOL!!! I did not research, I just called on the val-pak coupon for $29. They arrived at my home, 1 guy did the talking, the other stood in the driveway awaiting queue to get to work. They hooked up "the big machine" to one vent, and then 1 guy took out the shop vac and vacuumed out the vents...at that point I stopped & questioned what they were doing. But, was reassurred and trusted them. Then he called me out to the furnace and up-selled me for sanitizer/furnace clean for an add'l $175. Once they were done, I asked about my free dryer hose clean and t~hey said "oh, yah". I watched over them, and they were using a drill with brush that only went ~1 foot into hose. When I went back into my house...they never put the house back into order. My instinct kicked in far to late, and my brain never engaged...I was such a FOOL! RESEARCH all val-pak companies before scheduling, and listen to your intuition. Lesson learned $233 late!!!

d93e5a1e, 2011-10-24, 02:39PM CDT

Clearly an upsell strategy, which for $29, I expected. What I didn't expect was the domineering way the "front man" talked to me. I could see where he was going by setting up the idea of really dirty vents, but he was arrogant and dismissive of my questions while badgering me to stay on his point. I agreed to an upsell for the intake vents which I knew would cost more and which I also wanted done. Nonetheless, he was still rude and aggressive. I felt bullied and had no intention of putting up with this in my own home. I asked him to take his equipment and leave. He argued with me and made no move toward the door. I raised my voice and insisted. Next move was to call 911 (always keep your cell phone in your hand when workmen are in your home!), but my yelling, and a foot stamp, did the trick. He STILL badgered me to pay the $29 when no work had been done. He only shut up when my fiance called me right then & I told him I was having problems with the workmen. Do not call these people to come to your home.

e6df003e, 2011-10-27, 01:13PM CDT

Same situation!!!

I hired Evergreen Pure Air Inc to come to my rental house and do the inspection and whatever else they do for the price they advertise on the coupon - $29.00. They canceled on me at the last moment, so I had to reschedule and bother my tenants with that. When they finally showed up, I was not able to be present at the property and gave the check for $29 to the tenant asking her to pay for what Evergreen Pure Air service. While at my house the technician called me using tenants cell phone and yelled and argued with me in front of my tenants claiming that I have mold and mildew in the air duct and I must hire them to clean it... for only $500! because supposedly there are only a few companies like this one and they all will do the same work for $800 and higher. I thanked the technician for his suggestion and told him to leave my property if there is nothing else he can do for $29, to which he replied: "its not a suggestion, you must do the cleaning" as if he had some power over me to force me to do anything to my property. I asked him not to yell at me and argue with me in front of my tenants and leave the property asap to which he agreed. Next thing I know he pressured my tenants using scare tactics to pay Evergreen Pure Air $104 to do some work and that's after I specifically told him to leave my house. In addition to that he made a claim there is mold and mildew in the house, which can only be determined in the lab, so now my tenants are harassing me to do more work and spend more money when its not necessary... and its all because of unprofessional conduct of the Evergreen Pure Air technician and their high pressure, scare sales tactics that are full of misrepresentation of the facts! There are plenty of companies that do same work for less, much less.

I tried to resolve issue this with the supervisor or manager there, Ben and Dan, but got the same treatment - he yelled at me and told me he wont do anything about this, because the service was performed, the technician didn't know the people in the house were renters (which is a lie!!!... why would he call me and ask me to do the work if the person there was the owner.... makes little to no sense) and if I don't want to pay my tenants, I should not pay them ... never mind their claims of mold and mildew and so on. So, if my tenants move out tomorrow, because I cant spend hundreds of dollars for unnecessary services and I lose rent, that would be because of Evergreen Pure Air Inc. I filed a complaint with BBB and Evergreen Pure Air is promising to issue a refund... will see how they come through on that...

16d182e6, 2011-10-29, 03:11PM CDT

My coupon was $29 and a free duct cleaning. The guy didn't even really consider it and said that my ducts would not be safe with that maintenance service. Two guys, one finding the vents and talking to me, and the other cleaning them. I could not see what work they did for the furnace or dryer. I convinced them to call a supervisor. He said he couldn't reach the guy. So I called the office and got through while the worker was still with me. I got the price down, but I still feel the sting of bait-and-switch + hard-sell. I had asked them to leave when he quoted me a higher price. Then he came and quoted a lower price... and I didn't understand that he was adding on something that cost less. I had actually written a check for $90 when I received an invoice for over $500. I ended up paying $375. They were here a couple of hours and they did do something it seems with every vent. I would not have ordered this given my current budget...but is it worth the $375? I put it on a credit card and could dispute it. I don't know how to check their work. I'll appreciate any advice someone can send to me.

2f449f14, 2011-11-10, 06:14AM CST

There's nothing PURE about Evergreen Pure Air--This company is looks and sounds like a SCAM and avoid it. We hired Evergreen because of a Val-pak coupon for $29.99 air duct cleaning AND because they advertise repairs to duct work, which we need. First they arrived two (2) hours late but that was minimal compared to their "bully" tactics. They bring in a large vacuum hose put it over a vent let it run for about one minute and then tell me that I need a deep cleaning because the vacuum isn't strong enough to pick up all the dirt inside the ducts and that it will "clog the furnace". I asked them how much it would cost and they were evasive and spoke mostly in their native tongue and used a lot of pressure and confusion tactics. They never did tell me the cost ahead of time until I signed the invoice. The total went from 29.99 to 333.00. They also didn't leave me a copy of the invoice.

Another pressure tactic they used when we were signing the invoice was to tell us they were in a hurry to catch the ferry, so I never really read it over. Not good on my part, but they were well trained at creating confusion and pressure. When my husband went out to take a look at the truck they had, it became clear that they really didn't have the equipment needed to do the job they claimed to do. Even when they did the supposed deep cleaning the equipment was questionable. A brush attached to a small drill and a shop vac. The sanitizer smells fresh but they just sprayed it around the vent openings and I highly doubt it has any value other than the smell. We also called them because they advertise that they repair duct work, but when they looked at the duct work it was clear that they didn't know what they were doing. They didn't even see the holes which are clearly there. I will be filing complaints with the BBB, the attorney generals office, val-pak and any investigative reporter who will listen. Please read the complaint which explains their history--they left Illinois because of complaints and a judgement against them.

d4a6b2c2, 2011-11-16, 05:25PM CST

I have to agree with these people "STAY AWAY BETTER YET "RUN!" These guys came into my home on the third rescheduled visit. They kept coming up with a different reason why they couldn't make it. Finally they did on 10/25/11 two hours late. The tall lead guy speaking in some Russian or whatever language was in control. He immediately went to the furnace and told me this neede to be swept with the twisting broom which loostened up hardended material on the metal ducts. There were four other guys running around from room to room cleaning out each vent with a small shop vac, which I had previously done some two months ago. While the lead guy was trying to get me to upgrade to the sweep job I noticed my mstr. bedroom door being closed but did nothing at the moment. After being bent backwards by this guy I agreed to upgrade as I thought it may help. I then went and opened my bedroom door to find this one guy off in the corner near my dresser,wonder what he was doing? Don't trust them, Pay with your VISA as I'm disputing and using all these complaints as evidence. It's already been credited. Plus my house was so filled with dirt afterwards I too had to hire a cleaner, carpets and wash everything. They wanted to reschedule. What a scam. Have reported them to Atty General. You should too!!!!!

071ebbf4, 2011-12-04, 10:10PM CST

My experience with this company is really bad. Two guys showed up. One guy (seemed to be a Russian) went a great length showing me how dirty my vents were. He told me they regularly charged $1300 for cleaning vents but today it was on special for only $570. I live in a 600 SQFT condo! I sensed something fishy and should have stopped there. Finally they agreed to do all the vent cleaning for $200. I made a huge mistake letting them do the work. They used a portable shopvac for cleaning all the vents!

Yes, I agree with all the other comments here: Stay away with this company.

95e8845a, 2012-01-09, 02:01PM CST

Today I did the same as others, I called Evergreen Pure air to come to my residence. They had a coupon in the ValPak for a 29.00 cleaning. Two men showed up, one of which walked with me throughout my house telling me how I have had "severe water damage" in the past and that my air ducts now need a $400-500 cleaning instead of a $29 cleaning. As he is telling me this I hear the other individual walking throughout my house dropping something (which I have a vibe he was going through my stuff). The russian guy tells me that he cannot do the $29 service because it is illegal. I then tell him that is fine and I am going to pass on the service. So then he charges me the $30. I ask him why I am getting charged because the coupon says "Free Heat System & Camera Inspection". He then proceeds to tell him its only free with the service. So then I tell him "You just told me its illegal to do the service unless I pay you $400-500". He then starts yelling at me. I tell him this is my house and he is not to speak to me that way. He then apologizes but then starts yelling at me again. I shouldn't have paid, but I did...then thinking to myself great now he has my credit card number. So now I have put alerts through the bank on my card and will be canceling it. I then called his boss who refunded me and said "this never happens" "I'm so sorry" "No, you weren't suppose to pay" "its not illegal". I am furious, they are thieves and I think they are up to no good. They are a shady business and people need to know. Good thing for security systems in case they come back!

95e8845a, 2012-01-09, 12:40PM CST

b22fb529, 2012-01-16, 12:40PM CST

Not a good experience at all. I set up an appointment to have my dryer vent cleaned. When they arrived they said they needed to clean all of the other vents before they could give me the "free dryer vent cleaning" which was advertised. This service was advertised to cost $29 and a free dryer vent cleaning would then be included for free. I was told that I actually needed a more expensive service to get the dryer vent cleaned and I as told it was $200. I reconfirmed that if I paid the $200 that they would clean all the vents and the dryer vent. When they were done with the vents, they told me they were unable to clean them completely and that they were not able to clean the dryer vent. They then charged me $250. I immediately called their office, explained the situation, and they scheduled for someone to come out the following Monday to finish the work. However, the scheduled appointment was not kept and when I called to ask about it, the receptionist (Tiffany) raised her voice at me, interuppted me, and ultimately hung up on me. They still have not followed through with their agreement to clean my dryer vent.

2f449f14, 2012-01-30, 12:20AM CST

When I called them to get a copy of the invoice they said they would email it immediately, but didn't. I called again but still no result. There has been no real satisfaction.

adf4530d, 2012-03-08, 09:02PM CST

We called also based on the $29.99 Val-Pak. 2 Middle Eastern men came to our home we had every complaint that everyone else hase stated. Be aware that they come into your home with a attitude that they are going to tell you what's up They also like to use a scare tactic that your home is contaminated beyond what they can for a $500 to $600 dollar.

f9cbca80, 2012-03-15, 11:22AM CDT

Yep, I got the same vide and not only that but the shady russian towel head was asking personal question about my dog, checking out my wife and they didn't even pick up the dust mess from my dryer vent or the furnace !

Im exspecting to catch the Nick guy sneeking around my place some day and when I do he will be no more !

83b3a7d4, 2012-03-30, 04:40PM CDT

Too bad, I didnt see this review before i got their services. I called in for air duct cleaning with 20$ coupon, and they showed some yellow particle in vents and said i had to do a 500$ cleaning right away. They said it is an emergency item to be done immediately. I was thinking about whether i have to do or not, meanwhile they said they are done with the airduct cleaning.Then i said i am not ready to do the 500$ cleaning then , I think about it later. But after that, they left the Furnace open (which they opened for inspeaction), they havent closed most of the vent covers, they havent turned on the heating in the house. They left without doing any of these. Since i didnt know how to close the blower/furnace etc, I was left freezing inside the house and I cudnt get help from them for 2 days. When i called and complained I havent received a single apology for doing such an incomplete job.

eafeaaad, 2013-03-10, 05:48PM CDT

It sounds like everyone got off better than we did. ValuePak Coupon for 29.00 for vent cleaning cost us 2053.12. We are still in shock. Why did we do it? Because my partner has COPD and this was to make breathing easier for her. In just 2 days we have noticed a difference for the better. Not happy about the 2053.12 and I plan on contacting the company.