General Electric - GENERAL ELECTRIC LEMONS!

Posted on Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 at 4:08pm CDT by 75d226ef

Product: Side by Side Refrigerator

Company: General Electric

Location: General Electric Company 3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, CT, 06828, US

URL: http://www.ge.com/

We've been slighted by GE over the years as it relates to our GE Side by Side refrigerator. Though I fault myself for not reading about the lemon clause in the manual before it was too late, I have to fault GE for not informing us about the recall (this was in 2007)on our model before it was too late. We were offered a discount coupon but were still financially unable to purchase another one (my dad purchased this one for us). From the start, we had trouble with parts breaking over and over. They replaced the faulty parts until the warranty ran out but I didn't realize we could have taken advantage of the lemon clause until too late as previously mentioned. Things got even worse over the years and we're still having trouble with the freezer, which stops working when it wants. Once when out of town, everything spoiled. There have been too many problems to count and the whole fridge just needs to be replaced. It was truly a lemon from the start.

I am a reputable person and wouldn't complain like this unless there was truly a cause. My family has always thought highly of GE but this has left me with a putrid feeling about the company.

I want them to retroactively honor the recall and replace our refrigerator. They keep saying they sent registered notice about the class action suit that led to the recall but we never received it.

If anyone can help or has any ideas, would be really grateful.