Skillings & Sons - Skillings and Sons - Deceptive Sales!

Posted on Monday, April 18th, 2011 at 2:04pm CDT by 428ddabe

Product: Arsenic Under-Sink Filter

Company: Skillings & Sons

Location: Amherst, NH, US

URL: http://www.skillingsandsons.com/

Thumbs down!!!! Skillings and Sons misled us into replacing a perfectly good under-sink arsenic filtration system by telling us the filter manufacturer went out of business and that the whole system had to be replaced because of it. So we did - $299 later, and ended up with stinky water! Two service calls later and still had stinky water! A box full of filters later, still stinky water! So I am into this thing for over $700 with no resolution. Called someone else - US Water Consultants out of Windham, NH, and within one FREE visit and the addition of 2 STANDARD filters, I have perfectly good drinking water! Finally! Contacted the BBB about Skillings - two notices and NO response from the company. I will now make it my mission to let everyone know how much Skillings does NOT care for their customers!

ff98b42e, 2012-07-16, 08:40AM CDT

We did repond to this complaint to the BBB on May 2, 2011 and May 9, 2011. We did not ignore this complaint. The facts surrounding this complaint are not true. We have been in the water business for over 40 years and have never walked away from a customer. If we had known there was an issue we would have solved or taken further action.