Dell - Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery Charging Failure

Posted on Sunday, April 17th, 2011 at 9:07am CDT by 411733a0

Product: Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop

Company: Dell

URL: http://www.dell.com/

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop in October 2008. About 6 months ago, I noticed that the battery wasn't holding a charge as well as it had been in the past (which was really only 90 minutes at its best). This soon progressed to it not charging at all. The battery charging indicators says "plugged in, not charging". I thought it was the battery, so I purchased a new one, still to no avail. Then I thought it must be the AC adapter, so I purchased a new one of those -- still had the same problem. I've read on various tech support web sites (including Dell's site) that this is a known issue with this laptop model and that it usually means that the motherboard has to be replaced. Of course, I'm now out of warranty, so Dell won't help in this matter. I just wanted to register this complaint, as I know that there are SEVERAL Dell customers who have experienced a similar failure with this laptop. It's just not right that a laptop which is less than 3 years old should experience such failure on a widespread basis. I want this complaint registered so that it's documented and others will know of my difficulty.