Greyhound Bus Lines - Telephone on Record During Station Hours

Posted on Friday, April 15th, 2011 at 4:24pm CDT by f0495bcd

Product: Greyhound Bus Lines, Roanoke, Va.

Company: Greyhound Bus Lines

Location: Roanoke, Vi, US

On Saturday, 15 April 2011, at 4:15 p,m., I attempted to contact personnel of the Roanoke, Virginia Greyhound Bus Lines Station on Campbell Avenue, S.W. to inform them that an error was made in my online advance purchase of one ticket from Roanoke, Virginia to Lynchburg, Virginia on a date in May 2011. Instead of a live person answering, my call was answered by a recorded voice stating the times the station was open. The recording stated that, among other hours, the station was open from 4:00-5:00 p.m., M-F. But no one picked up the phone! I received recordings only! After several more attempts to raise someone, a non-identified male answered. After I began to explain my need to have the error corrected, he interrupted me saying: "Hold on." But he never returned to the phone. I waited almost 10 minutes but he did not return. Then I began to try reaching someone there again with new calls and I did so repeatedly, but as of 4:39 p.m., no one has answered except the banal recording stating the times the station is open! I attempted to telephone Greyhound Customer Service but on that number I also received a recording stating that Greyhound Customer Service is open ONLY M-F! After another attempt to reach someone live at the Roanoke station, the same male who had left me waiting before, came on (at last!) and directed me to telephone the regular nationwide 800 Greyhound telephone number with my problem. I did so but the recording there informed me that the Greyhound Customer Service office is NOT open on weekends (Monday-Friday only!), completely contrary to the information the man gave me! WHAT a horrendous non-service for Roanoke and nationwide customers! What a way to run a business, especially for an important even critically important interstate transportation service at that! We deserve much better! On Monday, I may also contact personnel of the Office of Consumer Affairs of the State of Virginia to complain to them also. And, I may contact Roanoke media too. What a schlocky way to treat customers! I'm so sad to be treated this way and to be required to travel on Greyhound even for a short distance. Will we ever get anything better here??! And can you believe that in Roanoke -- Virginia's third largest city -- the Greyhound Bus Station is open only sporadically during the day, even Mondays-Fridays, and not after 5:00 p.m.??!