BEST BUY - LIED TO ABOUT WHAT XP VIRTUAL MODE WOULD DO

Posted on Friday, April 1st, 2011 at 2:45pm CDT by 898b908e

Product: XP VIRTUAL MODE

Company: BEST BUY

Location: (CORPORATE) 7601 PENN AVE SOUTH RICHFIELD. MN 55423 (LOCAL) 237 CROSSWORDS BLVD CARY NC 27511
RICHFIELD, MN, 55423, US

I'M A 63 YEAR OLD SINGLE WOMAN THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ALL THE INS AND OUTS OF COMPUTERS SO I RELY ON BEST BUY AND THE GEEK SQUAD TO BE TRUTHFUL. ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK OF $376.97. I FEEL I WAS MISLED DUE TO THE OMISSION OF ALL THE FACTS I NEEDED TO MAKE A PROPER DECISION. I ALSO WAS TOLD I HAD A NEW TOWER UPON LOOKING THIS IS NOT TRUE. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. HERES THE LETTER THAT I WROTE TO BEST BUY. ON NOVEMBER 13, 2010 I BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER. TWO MONTHS LATER I STARTED GETTING BLUE AND BLACK SCREENS, SO IT TOOK MY TOWER IN AND WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT COVERED EVEN WHEN I BOUGHT A 4 YEAR CONTRACT. I TOLD THE GEEK SQUAD THAT I WAS NOT COMING BACK TO BEST BUY AND HIS REMARK WAS," THAT'S FINE WE GET NEW CUSTOMER ALL THE TIME." I THEN LEFT THE STORE. A FEW DAYS LATER I CALLED YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE AND THE PASSED ME ON TO THE STORE MANAGER. WE TALKED AND ME TOLD ME TO BRING IN MY COMPUTER. THEY HAD MY COMPUTER FOR THREE DAYS. I WAS VERY GRATEFULL FOR THE WORK THEY DID EVEN THOUGH I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY DID, HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM CONTINUED. I THEN TOOK THE COMPUTER TOWER BACK TO THE STORE AND ASKED WHAT WAS THIS XP PIGGY BACKING IN MY WINDOW 7. JAMIE, YOUR GEEK GUY SAID." I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT BUT THE GAMES WOULD WORK ON IT. YOU SEE I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES AND YOUR GEEK GUY TOLD ME THAT THE COMPUTER WOULD NOT LET ME PLAY MY GAMES. THUS THE NEED FOR THE XP VIRTUAL MODE. I EVEN TOOK IN 8 GAMES TO SHOW THE TYPE OF GAMES I PLAY(BOARD,CARD, HIDDEN) AND I WAS TOLD THAT THAT XP VIRTUAL MODE WOULD WORK,, I WAS SOLD AND BAG OF TRICK BUT THE BAG WAS EMPTY. WHEN I STARTED TO DOWNLOAD MY GAMES INTO THE XP VIRTUAL MODE I ONLY GOT 2 GAMES THAT WOULD DOWNLOAD. I HAVE 22 THAT SHOULD HAVE DOWNLOADED IN MY COMPUTER BASED ON YOUR GEEK GUY JAMIE. WHEN I TOOK MY COMPUTER BACK AGAIN BECAUSE THE GAMES WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD JAMIE WENT IN THE BACK AND CALLED THE MANAGER(I ASSUME) BECAUSE WHEN JAMIE CAME BACK TO ME HAD SAID, "WE ARE THROUGH WITH YOU." IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMER? I HOPE NOT. I THEN PAID $149.99 FOR YOUR TECH GUY TO COME TO MY HOUSE TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG BECAUSE I WAS BEING TOLD THAT IT WAS ME ( I THINK NOT). THE TECH GUY (GEEK) TOLD ME THAT THE XP VIRTUAL MODE WOULD NOT DO GRAPHICS AND SOME ONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME. UPON NOT GETTING SATISFACTION I CALLED YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE AGAIN AND TALKED TO DARYL AND AFTER HE SPOKE TO THE STORE MANAGER HE TOLD ME "THAT THE STORE WAS FINISH WITH ME." HE ALSO SAID HE WOULD FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE STORE.