Dish Network - Dish Network Scam

Product: Dish Network

Company: Dish Network

Location: CO, US

URL: http://www.dishnetwork.com/

I had horrible experience with Dish Network and badly wanting to sue the corporation for their lack for service and the hardship they cause for its customers.

On 11th Aug 2010, i ordered for HD service. A tech from Dish came in and swapped by Digital receiver with HD receiver. He had called dish service desk to confirm his job and asked me to confirm my renewed 24 month commitment with this upgrade. I did.

Today, when i reviewed by bill i saw a PPV programming (some wrestling show) billed to me for $44.95. I did not order this.

When i called Dish their customer service was rude and they said they cannot do anything about the charge and i am the one who ordered this on 11th Aug (same date and time the dish tech was here installing the HD receiver). They even said I have to PAY and i dont have any other choice.

That sounded ridiculous. First they alleged me that i am lying and second they said i dont have any other choice other than paying for this service.

This all looks like a big scam for me. I have already spoiled my 4 hours of my long weekend, and have decided to take this issue to all possible extents. This sounds like a big scam and for me personally it is ethical issue, Dish has alleged me that i am lying and want to prove myself at any cost.

Please provide guidance.

f1f8eae2, 2011-01-07, 12:36PM CST

Hello, my name is Becki Barned, with Dish Network customer service. I hope that this has been resolved for you, but if not, please e-mail me at [email protected], and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.