Honda Motor Co. - Honda 2001 Accord, severe clear coat flaking

Company: Honda Motor Co.

Location: 1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA, 90501-2746, US

URL: http://www.honda.com/

Contacted Honda Customer Service first by mail to complain about the lost of resale value we are experiencing with our Honda Accord 2001 (Green G87P) due to Honda's manufacturing defect with the clear coating severely flaking after less than 10 years. Also sent pictures to show the extend of the damage. Received letter to call them. After numerous call attempts and voice messages we finally got to speak with "Caroline" who apologized on behalf of Honda but refused to compensate us for the cost of repairs (estimated at between $2300 and $2500) invoking warranty. The car is an embarrassment to drive on the roads but looks like Honda decided not to stand behind their product and look the other way. Customer satisfaction? Not one of Honda's priorities looks like.

We are in the process of gathering more proof from other Honda owners having similar issues with the clear coating flaking and sue Honda to stop selling defective products in US. We were considering an Odyssey but not anymore, they do not deserve our business.

37889be1, 2010-10-06, 12:48PM CDT

My 2006 Honda Civic has paint or clear coat peeling on roof, local dealer says outside of warranty and can't help, referred me to American Honda Rep but have to go through them to get with that rep, who I can't seem to get to. Mailed letter and pics to American Honda in Torrance CA. Today was told by them they couldn't help, outside of warranty, car is 4 years old... i told "morris" it must be a defect, he told me could be caused by "acid rain, tree sap or.... lack of maintenance".. asked me if i had an extended warranty on my paint. Uh, no its a 4 year old HONDAm i wouldnt have thought it was necessary. Value, Quality?? They should make it right, its a DEFECT.