DISH NETWORK - UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Posted on Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 9:45pm CDT by 4a8a7bdd

Company: DISH NETWORK

URL: http://www.Dishnetwork.com/

I am writing to you to bring to your attention the UNFAIR business practices of Dish Network.

I recently moved to Jacksonville in July 2010 and ordered Dish Network service. I had ordered Dish Network service online on June 29th (Order number: 8255909614745328) for 2 TV setup and programming. I have email confirmation of this order. My mother was at home for dish TV installation. Somehow the technician came with an entirely different workorder and installed 1 TV with entirely different programming options and no international programming. My mother clearly indicated to the technician that we needed 2 TVs set up and also we needed International programming. He shrugged his shoulders- asked to call dish network directly, gave her a piece of paper to sign(which she did) and walked away. I got home to find out what had hapenned and called dish network right away- only to be told by the CSRs and the supervisor(Mandy) that since my mother had signed off on the order it cannot be modified now and I will be charged to get a second receiver. Ironically, if dish network had been called while the technician was at home this would not be the case but 4 hrs later it is. I feel it is an abominable way to treat the customers. My mother could have refused to sign the paper and the technician would have had to come back with another receiver-but somehow 4 hrs later it is just all different. They dont care about anything but how to make more money off your customers- let alone care about the feelings of my helpless mother.

To further aggravate matters- now 2 months later when I called in to UPGRADE my service to 2 TVs; I was told not only did I have to pay an extra @200(which I was willing to do_ BUT also needed to sign a new contract for another 2 yrs thereby extending my contract.

I feel that these business practices are designed to exploit the customers.

f1f8eae2, 2010-12-22, 05:46PM CST

Hello, my name is Becki Barned and i work with Dish Network Customer Service. I read your complaint, and I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. When you upgrade your equipment, there is a 24 month commitment required to do so. I understand the frustration with that commitment, seeing as there was missinformation at the initial set up. If you would like, I can take a look at your account, and explain this further or look into this further. You can always e-mail me at [email protected]

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-13, 10:23AM CST

I apologize about the service you received. When an installer comes out to install and you feel that it is not satisfactory you can advise the technician of your concerns and have them correct the issue before you sign off on his work order for completion. If this still has not been completed to your satisfaction please let us know. As far as the new agreement anytime you upgrade equipment we do require a new contract but keep in mind if you are only two months into this one it will just add two months to the end of your current one. They run along side of each other. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Alicia Brink