Pella Window - Pella Windows Leak Water/Snow/Air

Location: 102 Main Street
PELLA, IA, 50219, US

URL: http://www.Pella.com/

Category: Home, Garden

We purchased 49 Pella Architect Series Douglas Fir Double Hung windows and one patio door. We specifically wanted Douglas Fir windows and door. When I, Sharron, called Pella Corp. to inquire about the fact that we wanted Douglas Fir because it did not rot and was very strong, I was told that "Yes we have Douglas Fir products." I had to deal with the salesman, John McDonald, to purchase the products. We spent nearly two months getting our order together. On September 21, 2009, we met John McDonald. He took our money and we signed our contract. Our contract stated that our order would be delivered on or before October 8, 2009. The delivery was two weeks late. It was delivered on October 22, 2009. We installed some and I, along with some men, started to prepare them to finish the inside. We found that there were many problems with the windows. They leak snow/water/air in every single window. We now have a mold problem under the windows in the insulation. We have not been able to put on the drywall because of the water problem. We are homeless. A neighbor took us in. The straw that broke the camel's back was when we found out that the product that we ordered was not what we got. We ordered and paid for Douglas Fir windows and door. We were told that because Douglas Fir was so expensive the product was very very expensive. We told John that we did not want pine because it did not last as long. John agreed with us and told us that we could get Douglas Fir windows and door, but it would be a lot more money. We told him that we wanted Douglas Fir no matter. He told us and showed us in the Pella informational booklet he gave us that Pella offered 4 wood types: Alder, Douglas Fir, Mahogony, or Pint. We could get Douglas Fir and completed the order for Douglas Fir. Our order contract states "Douglas Fir". We just found out that we did not get Douglas Fir. Our door is pine with Douglas Fir veneer. Our windows only have Douglas Fir where we can see. They have pine everywhere that we cannot see. Pella concealed the fact that they did NOT deliver to our home Douglas Fir windows, but in fact they delivered a 100% FAKE product. They were trying to get away with selling us a lower quality product at a much higher price. We only ordered Douglas Fir windows so that they would not rot and so that they would last longer. We were lied to and concealment is against the law.

We did give Pella a chance to make the window order correct. They did bring to our home in February 2010 new windows but not a door. They installed all but 21 windows, which they left stacked in our garage. Pella did not ever make an attempt to get those window installed as they are still sitting in the garage in September 2010. Pella had not been to our house since February 2010 to fin the windows that all allow snow/water/air to come into our home.

If you would like to talk to us about this problem please get a hold of us at [email protected] We have dozen's of photographs of our problems, if you would like to see the mess. We are still living in a neighbor's house because our home is unlivable. We encourage you not to purchase Pella or you might find yourself in our shoes.

d8c204ac, 2011-01-24, 01:41PM CST

Oh yes. I complained to the salesman and was told what do you expect from illegals making them.

df6daa99, 2011-06-18, 12:05PM CDT

I would like to update our Pella Window/Black Mold issues. Due to the amount of water that has been flowing into our home since they were installed in October 2009 we have a serious Black Mold issue. We are still homeless. If you would like to view our home for yourself, please go to our YouTube video. Search for Pella Windows Problems. Our home is listed in the 1st or 2nd space. You will see a set of windows leaning against our garage wall. We are in the process of filing a law suit. It is now June 2011. We have been homeless now since October 2009. Please spend time carefully researching Pella prior to making this fateful purchase for your family. You do not want to have a home full of Black Mold as we have because of our purchase of Pella windows.

df6daa99, 2011-07-07, 07:59PM CDT

We would like to give you an update. We are spending the 3rd summer homeless because of our fateful decision to purchase Pella Windows. Pella has sent to our home teams of men. The last team of 4 Pella employees was in our home in January 2011. At that time, that team told us that Pella would be glad to manufacture a 3rd set of 49 windows and have them installed by the end of February 2011. We agreed to this process. It is July 7, 2011 and we have not seen anything from Pella since January 2011.

We installed the first set of 49 Pella Architect Series double hung douglas fir windows in October 2009, the second set in February 2010 and are awaiting the third set. As you can see from our first post, we paid in full for our window order in 2009 and have been sorry for that decision ever since!

We posted a Youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vYK2cy-9Y about our home and created a website at pelladecideforyourself.com. We hear from families on a nearly daily basis that are in our similar boat. Pella has proven, unfortunately, to hundreds of families that we know of, to be a company that does not stand behind their product. As a Christian family, we are extremely disappointed with Pella because they are located in a well known Christian Community. We have had to, after 3 summers, contact an attorney. We do not believe in law suits, but we are homeless, for no other reason than the fact that our brand new Pella Architect Series double hung douglas fir windows leak water/air/snow.

Please make your window purchase from any other company than Pella. They are involved in a class action law suit involving their Pro Line Windows. It is obvious that they just cannot stand behind their product, as they have been cheating families for years.

e5b5cbea, 2012-02-24, 08:29AM CST

You've certainly managed to try and ruin the reputation of Pella Corp. I can assure you that NO illegals made your windows. And..you've listed your complaint on two different complaint site.

My father ordered a houseful of windows and my son installed them within a week. He had Pella windows previous to installing the new ones for 60 YEARS!. The new windows are perfect!

Terry H., 2012-10-30, 10:50AM CDT

I have a a home that is 12 years old and has Pella Window's. I notice a mold forming around the window in what looks like a silicone seal. ( Every window) I have also noticed the home seem's cold. The recent storm (Sandy) brought to my attention how much air is getting through the window's. The window treatments all over the house were moving because of amount of air getting in through the window's. I thought Pella was an excellent window and now I feel that they are sub-standard and when I see my builder( and I will see him at an open house) I will let him know.

antonia c., 2014-02-13, 08:52AM CST

I had various windows replaced a few years ago. They open top and bottom. I notice that it is quite cold by the windows and it seems like air is coming in. They were professionally installed through Lowes. I haven't checked on the warranties but am disappointed with the quality. It's nice that they tilt for cleaning but I live in a one story home and could easily clean them from the outside. I did expect them to make the home warmer in winter, especially this winter as I live in Chiberia (Chicago area).