TD Bank - Fraudulent Fees

Posted on Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 at 4:16pm CDT by 894c031c

Product: Checking Account

Company: TD Bank

Opened an account in July 2009. Last transaction was posted Aug 2009. Called in March 2010 to close account while still in free promotional period with a positive balance of approximately $3. No correspondence until today, 9/23/10, when I get a letter stating they are sending my account to a collection agency for $46.83 due to under-balance fees and overdraft charges. The overdraft charges for the under-balance fees which should never have been levied in the first place. Called Customer Service to discuss the issue and alert them to their system error. Was informed that I should have visited a branch and spoken to a manager to confirm that a $3 account was closed. Are you kidding me?? They "forgave" the $20 overdraft charge because I was upset but are still sending the account to collections for $26.83 unless I bring the account to a zero balance within the next 10 days. So basically they're threatening to hurt my credit rating unless I give them $30 they never had any right to. I will NEVER do business with them again and will strongly advise everyone I know not to either.