Yelp.com - Yelp on yelp

Product: consumer complaint posting

Company: Yelp.com

URL: http://www.yelp.com/

Category: Internet Services

Yelping on yelp. If you post a consumer complaint and others don't like it including other patrons Yelp will take it down. However, they will let the patrons personally and publicly attack you for voicng an opinion.

2ab14033, 2012-12-28, 02:23PM CST

Yelp.com an unreliable source for reviews.

Yelp.com would not post my good review about a prosthodontist who undertook my complicated dental case and restored the health of my jaw bone, teeth and gums. After the first time I asked for an explanation, they hide my review as a filtered one. When I emailed CEO Jeremy S. to ask why was my review hidden as a filter, and that I would send him my dental records to prove that I am the appreciated dentist?s patient. He ignored my inquiry, even after resending my email three more times. I reported this to my dentist. His response was, his other patients that have good reviews have the same complaint. Yelp.com only posted one good review to make it look fair in contrast to the one bad review that is posted, then their sales people call the doctor to sell advertising with the promise to delete the bad review.

tara o., 2013-10-18, 02:34PM CDT

They unfairly skew consumers based on their automated software review program that is supposed to "weed" out fake posts. All it does is eliminate literally 90% of the reviews in general giving you a horrible ranking!! I signed up to advertise with them, without knowing about this policy, and immediately cancelled after discovering this review filtering policy and they hit me with a $700 charge! They want you to pay to advsertise but then they filter ALL your good reviews and show you as 1 star, when you should be a 4.5 star, no one will do business with you bc of their own software and how you show on their OWN site. It's ridiculous!!! Someone tell me how to fight this and I will jump on board, I am boycotting YELP!!

tara o., 2013-10-18, 02:35PM CDT