Target.com - Target's Poor Shipping & Customer Care

Posted on Friday, October 8th, 2010 at 10:58am CDT by ba715dc9

Company: Target.com

URL: http://www.target.com/

I placed on order on Sept 24, 2010 with approximately 7 items from which 1 item shipped out the following day. Upon checking the order status I realized 2 items became out-of-stock. So I removed these items from my order and placed a second order for another item on the 28th of Sept which shipped out the following day. At this point my first order, now with 4 items remaining hadn't shipped out yet. When I inquired I was told the order was 'stuck' in their system and could not be reach, found, or anything. So I canceled the order and placed a second order with these 4 items on the 29th of Sept. Since this second order has been placed it has now reached the Shipping Processing stage however, it hasn't actually been shipped as yet. When I inquired again about my order, I was told it was AGAIN 'stuck' in their system; it cannot be reached, accessed, canceled, or fast-tracked. And I cannot cancel the same because it's now in the Shipping processing stage. I wrote to Target's Customer service dept on the 28th, 29th, and 30th of Sept, and on the 1st of October. I even called their Customer service dept on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of October and spoke to about 7 different agents. NONE were able to tell me what is the status of my order other than its still 'STUCK' in their system and there is nothing they nor I can do about it. I have called to request they cancel the order completely, that cannot be done.

In essence, my order first placed on the 24th of September and placed again on the 29th of September is 'stuck' somewhere in the Target universe; I'm being charged for these items and they haven't shipped them as yet. Like I said, I've written to them, and called them more than 4 times with no progress. I loved shopping with Target, and based on the fact that my other orders have been shipped obviously nothing is wrong on my part. Anything wrong with this particular order is their fault and they wont give me any information on the problem, on the items, or the status of my order or when it will actually be shipped. It has been at least 7 working days since I placed my order and it still hasnt shipped.

What else can I say or do at this point?