Maytag/Whirlpool - Maytag Washers/Whirlpool Washers

Product: MTW562OTQ1

Company: Maytag/Whirlpool

Location: 553 Benson Rd.
Benton Harbour, MI, 49022, US

Purchased a Maytag washer Model # MTW562OTQ1 two years ago. We started noticing our clothes had rust marks on them. Looked at the inside drum with a flashlight and noticed the center of the whole drum is rusting out. Called customer Service line and they offered us a discount on the part only not labor or a replacement. DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool or Maytag washer. They do not stand by their products. We paid for a top of the line product and it needs to be replaced in two years. I also mentioned I had a serious safety concern about the start/stop knob feature. Don't they have to report that somewhere? I was asked no additional questions about the SAFETY concern. There's rubber on the start/stop button and when you place the lid against it while filling the tub up the lid automatically slams down. The lid slams down like a gilatene and could really seriously hurt someone. Obviously, customer service didn't care too much when we called when the washer was first purchased and when we mentioned it again tonight.