Barclay Bank - Barclay Bank stimulates penalty fees

Posted on Friday, October 8th, 2010 at 4:53pm CDT by Steve S.

Product: Choice Privileges VISA card

Company: Barclay Bank

Location: Card Service Box 13337
Philadelphia, PA, 19101-3337, US

Choice Hotels has recently switched their "Choice Privileges Rewards" program to Barclay Bank Visa card.

Initially when applying for the card on the recommendation of Choice Hotels, I was told the card had been approved and their was a great deal of trouble actually getting the card mailed. it took several weeks to receive the approved card.

Today I received my first statement by e-mail from Barclay Bank and they do not have charges up to date.

Their statement came by e-mail with instructions on how to remit by e-mail or telephone. It took serious effort to contact a live customer service agent to request a paper statement to be mailed to me. They seemed to be reluctant to provide mailed statements. Their system seems to be geared to causing customer to incur late charges and penalty fees.

Based on the experience to date with Barclay Bank, it appears that my checks mailed in payment on this account will have to be by Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested as it is obvious Barclay Bank is not consumer oriented.

Based on my brief experience with Barclay Bank I recommend that consumers stay as far away from them as possible, in my brief relationship with them they have been nothing but trouble.