Verizon Wireless - Verizon Billing Practices

Posted on Monday, October 4th, 2010 at 10:26am CDT by Steven M.

Product: Mantatory Monthly Data Plan

Company: Verizon Wireless

Location: 15505 Sand Canyon, Bldg. D/Mail Stop D305
Irvine, CA, 92618, US

URL: http://www.verizonwireless.com/

I have been a Verizon custormer for a few years now, with my primary line and 3 additional family lines. In (or around) October of 2009, Verizon began a new policy of automatically billing for a data plan, at the rate of $9.95 per month, weather or not the consumer does, or does not want (or us) this service. No new contract was ever disclosed to me, or agreed upon. I have attempted to have these fees removed, and have been repeatedly stone walled by Verizon. At this point, I do not even sure I want to continue to do business with them anymore, after their continued lack of customer service. However, I am willing to give them a chance to still make it right, and would like Verizon to do one of two things to resolve this: 1) Stop charing me the $9.95 monthly data plan that I never use and refund me the $120 that has acrued over the past year due to this unfair billing practice. 2)release my line, and my other three family plan lines from all contractual obligations to Verizon Wireless without penalty, to allow us to select a more open and honest plan from a company that will stand behind signed contract agreements.

8249b12f, 2010-12-18, 07:49PM CST

We have the same problem. Primary line and 2 family member lines. In October, a data charge of $9.95 was charged to our account. It was backed out and blocked only to reappear in 2 subsequent bills. I am so frustrated. I will likely ask to be released from our contract.

7ba5818c, 2013-01-25, 03:51PM CST

I signed up for Verizon Wireless service as a Christmas gift for my parents. What a mistake that has been. When I got to their state the service did not work well at all. I took the phones back to Best Buy. When returned Best Buy did not tell Verizon to close down the lines of service. I was still being billed for something that I did not even have in my hand anymore. I got a bill from Verizon for the monthly service showing the lines active. Called customer service and reported the issue the rep said she would address and close out the lines and get me a bill total. Never heard anything back I get another bill this time it was for two months service and two early termination charges. I'm pissed at this point. Spent three days on and off arguing about it with CSR's & Collections. I finally got a hold of someone in collection in Minneapolis MN. He corrected the issue and I paid what was owed. Then VZ a month later reports it as an open collection to my credit. I decided to file a complaint with the BBB in NJ that got directed to the Irvine CA office for resolution. That has turned out to be a joke! I pasted my rebuttal to Verizon that was furnished to the NJ BBB. If you are thinking of getting Verizon Wireless watch out if you have a problem they will not help you get it resolved.

Verizon Wireless was contacted on numerous times about the account not having been billed correctly. If need be I can furnish CDR records to substantiate. I as the customer should not have to forego spending hours on the phone to sort out their billing system problems. Nor the inability for their customer service/account manager teams to do their job. The simple fair solution is for Verizon to take the ownership responsibility and admit they messed up. If they had billed me correctly in the first place and not forced me to spend countless hours on the phone, we would not be dealing with this situation. It took me over a week to get back to Mrs. Fitzgerald with Verizon simply due to the fact I am extremely busy. To my point about this situation & not having the time to combat this matter.

Furthermore, their collections supervisor (Donald) Minneapolis MN even admitted "this matter should have been addressed and never gone to this level". The account is now paid to a zero balance. Donald took the responsibility and credited the necessary charges/adjustments to the account that should have occurred after my first phone call to customer service. 30 days after this was paid a open collection was reported to all three credit reports. This is simply not just nor the proper way to conduct business. Verizon Wireless is not out any money they have been paid. I want what is just in the eyes of the state of California and the United States of America for this account to be removed at once from all credit agencies.