Ford Motor Corporation - Blown engine - 2003 Ford Explorer - car totaled

Product: 2003 Ford Explorer

Company: Ford Motor Corporation

URL: http://www.ford.com/

Dear Fellow Consumers,

Thinking of purchasing a new or used vehicle? I highly recommend staying away from Ford. I recently shipped my 2003 Ford Explorer as part of a government move (I am an active duty member of the United States military). When my Ford arrived at my destination and was started, the engine literally blew up. My Ford was towed to a nearby Ford dealer where it was determined that the issue was mechanical failure of the engine. Assuming something had occurred during shipping, I was surprised when the mechanic told me that sometimes the plastic pieces inside the engine cassette come loose, causing the timing chain to slip, and the valve cover to blow off. I was also surprised to hear there is plastic in the engine Anyway, my Ford Explorer was a total loss. Attempts to get assistance from Ford Motor Company were fruitless.

To those of you who have had good luck with Ford products, I truly hope your good luck continues. To those of you in the market for a new or used vehicle, I strongly urge you to stay away from Ford products. I purchased my Ford Explorer brand new back in 2003 and was hoping to drive it for many years to come. I will personally never purchase another Ford product.

- Your fellow consumer.

aac039c4, 2012-06-21, 09:27PM CDT

Evidently you did not maintain you vehicle correctly or you wouldnt have these problems. Wnat problems?? go buy a dodge and chevrolet