RockAuto - RockAuto.com Complaint

Posted on Friday, October 29th, 2010 at 4:36pm CDT by 8b6a5a4e

Product: Defective Merchandise

Company: RockAuto

I purchased a replacement Water pump and Optispark distributor cap and rotor kit from rockauto. The parts arrived on the date promised and looked fine. The disributor is mounted under the water pump in the Chey LT-1 motor so removing the pump drenches the distributor with coolant. The cap and rotor kit are very expensive at $135 a set so you can only change this when changing the water pump.

I removed the old parts, installed the new parts and refilled the cooleant. The new pump leaked soaking my new distributor. When I called for a replacement pump, I was told I would have to return the old one before they would ship a new one. When I explained that my car was disabled and that I had to rent a car to get to work they did not change their policy. Finally, I was forced to order a new pump before they would ship one out. This whole fiasco cost me 5 days of a car rental ($265), another charge to my credit card and a resoaking of my $135 distributor cap. I have yet to receive a credit for the returned pump. I will NEVER place another order with this company.