DISH NETWORK - DISH NETWORK COMPLAINTS

Product: satellite

Company: DISH NETWORK

Location: Post Office Box 7203
Pasadena, CA, 91109-7303, US

I terminated my services with Dish Network (THANK GOD), after dealing with their constant incompetence and horrific customer service. A few years ago, I referred a friend of mine to Dish Network. Dish had an on-going promotion that if you referred a friend to them, they would give you and the friend a $50.00 credit. I gave my account number to my friend to give to Dish when she opened her account. Dish came to her home to install her satellite dish. When I contacted Dish a few weeks later to inquire as to why I had not received my $50.00 credit, I was told that because the installer didn't call Dish with my account number on the day he installed my friend Tanya's satellite, I wouldn't be receiving my credit, and neither would she. This is just one of a multitude of issues. Another was I inadvertently hit the wrong button on my remote. I phoned technical support and the person I was speaking with couldn't help me get the satellite back up. He then informed me, "It sounds like your hard-drive is going. We'll send you out a new receiver." I said, "That's crazy! I don't need a new receiver. I just hit the wrong button." He stated, "I'm sorry. It's already in the system and I can't stop it." I flipped, hung up, called and asked for the escalated technical support department and spoke with someone who did, in fact, assist me in getting the picture back. I then informed this woman what the previous person said and she stated, "I'm sorry. He's correct. Once it's entered into the system, we can't stop it." So, a few days later, I received a brand new receiver (WHICH I NEVER NEEDED TO BEGIN WITH), which I had to go out of my way and take to UPS to send it back to them. These two are just a few of the on-going issues I have had with Dish Network. Now, Dish lost me as a customer, and I'm seriously encouraging my friend Tanya to also leave Dish. Another issue was for years, my payment due date was the 23rd of every month. My husband and I were very good customers for approximately 11 years. We paid our bills on time, etc., etc. About 3 months before I terminated our account, I noticed on my bill that the due date was now the 18th of the month. When I called to inquire as to WHY had my due date changed from the 23rd of the month to the 18th, I was told by the customer service person that, "The computer changed it." I stated, "That's crazy. Why?" She said, "We have no control over it, it's just something the computer does." This was actually the straw that broke the camels back for us. After this, I saw no reason whatsoever to bother with them another moment. So, now they have lost me, and are going to, most likely, lose Tanya also. I am now with Direct TV (THANK GOD!). The customer service is OUTSTANDING. Actually, theirs is some of the best customer service I've ever received.

a9b849d6, 2010-12-20, 10:26PM CST

If you would like us to review what occurred with your situation please feel to contact us.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 07:53AM CST

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize about the bad experience you had. When you refer a friend there are specific certificate number they have to use, we provide these to you when you sign up or upon your request. Once your friend signs up using that number your accounts will be linked and you would start seeing your credits after they have been with us for 30 days. When we order a replacement receiver it is generated immediately due to it being very time sensitive, we try to get everything taken care of as quickly as we can to ensure customers are not waiting more than they have to. If you receive it and do not need it you can refuse delivery. Our billing cycles are 30 days, so because several months are more than 30 days and over several years your date may change by a few days. If you have any other questions please let me know.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 07:55AM CST