Trailways Bus Co. - Don't purchase Trailways bus tickets online

Posted on Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 at 8:29am CDT by cab1a277

Company: Trailways Bus Co.

Location: 147 WEST 79TH STREET - 14B
NY, 10024, US

Category: Public Transportation, Taxi

We purchased two full fare rountrip tickets at the Trailways website. The tickets said non-refundable. We could not take the trip and wanted to use the same tickets a couple of weeks later. Despite the fact that the price of the tickets are EXACTLY the same as if we had bought them in person, the company refused to provide a credit or exchange. We were told that we could have done exactly that had we bought the tickets in person for the exact same price. Terrible policy.

7f8e0442, 2012-02-21, 01:48PM CST

I bought and printed round trip tickets online too. When I got on the bus to my destination the driver accepted the ticket. On my way home the driver refused my ticket claiming it was the wrong one. It was then I realized that I had the one from my starting point to my destination.

I insisted that they accept it, because the other one had been taken from me. The only option I was given was to go to the office and have them reprint it. I found one office and they told me I had to go to the main one upstairs. By the time I got my ticket reprinted with what they would accept I had to wait another hour to get a bus.

This was my first time using Trailways and my last.