Dish Network - Dish Network - Avoid

Posted on Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 at 7:47pm CDT by 3086ac04

Company: Dish Network

I agreed to their on line package for a 12 month commitment with free installation. Over the next year the service kept going out whenever it rained, even slightly. This occured at two different locations. When I called to get assistance on two occasions for this problem I was told to tighten the wires which were already secure. The problem persisted throughout my time with them. When I needed to severe relations with them I was told I had a 24 month commitment and would also have to pay a $99 installation fee on top of early disconnect charges. When I tried to return the receiver I had to place three calls. Twice they sent the cartons to the wrong address. In addition they charged a $15 fee since they do not allow you to physically return the receiver to the local installer. If you do not return the receiver promptly they threaten to charge you for the equipment. If I had not been looking for the cartons to arrive I would not have placed the additional calls and no doubt been charged for the receiver. I warn others not to do business with Dish Network. Do not believe their hype, they will bleed you when their ads tell you how much you'll save. Just say 'NO" to Dish Network.

7802d3ae, 2010-12-21, 06:14PM CST

My Name is Dan Busa I am a customer service representative with Dish Network. I would be happy to look into this if you can, email me with account information: [email protected]

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 08:18AM CST

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize about the trouble you were having with your signal going out due to inclement weather. If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost. Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. If you receive a charge for unreturned equipment the charges would be reversed once it has been returned.Most companies have cancel fees however, unlike most companies we prorate your cancel fee; so if you do choose to disconnect you are rewarded for the time you did stay with us. Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel. If you have any other questions please let us know.