Thai Airways - Baggage missing and handling

Posted on Monday, October 25th, 2010 at 4:11am CDT by 9f94a172

Product: Thai Airways

Company: Thai Airways

Location: AU

This is to inform that I Nikhlesh Yadav flew Sydney to Delhi on 22nd july 2010 with thai airways in flight TG472 from sydney to bangkok and TG323 from bangkok to Delhi. I was only carrying checkin baggage. I recieved my bag at the Delhi Indra Gandhi International Airport but it was broken and I found my stuff stolen as I was carrying 2 laptops which were not there and all the stuff was messed up inside the bag.

I lodged a complaint at the thai airport office at delhi airport. My complaint id is DEL TG 14366. Airport office forwarded my complaint to the Delhi's regional office. The regional office didnot showed any interest in this issue. I called them everyday and the concerned person used to reply that he will get back to me himself which he never did. Finally today on 29th july they said that they'll compensate my loss by paying me $120 ( $20 per kilo) and when I asked that where are my laptops the concerned person replied I dont know. We are not responsible for the loss of expensive items. My laptops worth $2800AUD and my bag worth 4500INR.

I guess this is not a way to treat the customers, first steal stuff from customer bags and then pay then $20 per kilo no matter how expensive the item he is carrying. I want thai airways to find my laptops as it is their responsibilty to deliver customers bag safely. If they cant do so then they should offer a proper compensation or they should offer a free travel to India.

I hope for a favorable reply