Dell Inc. - Dell Next Business Day including Weekend Warrant

Company: Dell Inc.

Location: TX, US

URL: http://www.dell.com/

Category: Computers, Software

I contacted Dell on Thursday Oct 14th in the early afternoon/late morning period. It was deemed that my videocard/motherboard or heatsink was bad and that a replacement would be installed. I elected for and paid for the Next Business Day including Nights/Weekends warranty service when I paid for the laptop.

I expected a technician call on Friday to schedule my appointment for Saturday in order to replace the parts and fix my computer. When I hadn't heard anything by 630pm, I contacted chat support again to be told that the parts arrived after 5pm to the technician and as such he would not be contacting me until Monday to schedule an appointment to fix my computer. This shocked me as I was fairly certain that "Includes weekends" in my warranty meant, well, that it included weekends! Not waiting until after the weekend to make an appointment to get fixed (bringing my response time to 5 days, not next business day).

After dealing with the basic level agent and being ignored for 15 minutes, I was passed to a supervisor who acknowledged that my warranty did indeed include weekend support but I would not be receiving it. Almost an hour after I first contacted them, I was finally given the phone number of the technician company and told to call them myself and see if they would schedule to come out Saturday to fix my computer.

Why did I pay for this service if its not going to even be attempted to be provided? When I got frustrated with the chat supervisor for failing to provide the service I paid for, rather than trying to be of help in anything he simply disconnected the chat session.

This is absolutely unacceptable and after 5 years of recommending and 3 personal purchases, I would highly advise anyone able to AVOID dealing with Dell if you ever plan on having to use warranty service.