Apple Computer - Apple Care Warranty

Company: Apple Computer

Location: 1 Infinite Loope Cupertino, CA
Cupertino, CA, Ca, US

URL: http://www.apple.com/

Last year my son received an Apple laptop as a graduation gift. While we were in the store the salesperson suggested we get the Apple Care warranty, stating that we would be crazy not to get it as it covers us for three years and is definitely worth it. We decided to purchase the Apple care. Approximately six months later, I also purchased a new Apple desktop computer and purchased the Apple Care warranty.

Just about a year after purchasing the laptop, my sons screen got a small crack. Hes not sure how it happened but brought it to the store and was told it would cost $467.00 plus tax to fix it and our Apple Care warranty wouldnt cover any part of it, not even a deductible. The Apple Care coverage clearly states that it includes telephone technical support, global repair coverage and on site repair. Since the computer cost $1,800 and my son needed it for school, we had no choice but to fix it but I decided to cancel the Apple Care, both for the laptop and my desktop in July, 2010 and was told I would receive a refund for the balance of both warranties. This was in July. Its now October, and after about a dozen calls, I still dont have one of the refunds.

Ive made numerous calls to Apple and was first told my refunds went to the Apple store in Braintree, where I purchased the computer and not to me??? They noted the mistake and said another check would be expedited on August 17th. In September, after another few calls, I was told to expect my check any day now its in the mail. Finally at the end of September I received one of the warranties. Upon calling Apple to find out about the second one, I was told it went to the wrong address and needs to be sent out again what???

First of all, I shouldnt have had to pay close to $500 when I have a warranty. Secondly, I should have had my refunds by now and this sending my checks to the wrong address rings ridiculous! Im stunned that Apple would treat a customer who bought two computers from them in 2009 so horribly. Why should I wait three months for a refund and have to pay for repairs when I have a warranty! People need to know about this scam!

deb c., 2013-03-29, 05:49AM CDT

I am finding Apple dire to deal with. There appear to be a lot of people online who have had problems with the screens spontaneously cracking and yet Apple deny any responsibility for this. My daughter had to purchase an Applemac Pro for her University course, and has had it for only 4 months. During the first month, she found she was unable to use a cd in it. It transpired that this was a quality control issue and they had to fix it as it had not been properly checked. I asked for a replacement as it was also constantly freezing and only one month old. No luck. Two days ago as she sat talking to me and typing on the laptop at the same moment, we heard a massive 'Crack!' and the screen broke!! There has been no impact to the laptop, she was typing!!!! Apple state it is not covered under warranty and upon looking at their track record it seems they constantly deny problems until 'Class Actions' are brought against them by many people together...answer? Never ever will I buy Apple again.

deb c., 2013-03-29, 05:49AM CDT