Shyam - SBI Card cheating customers

Product: Credit Cards

Company: Shyam

Location: Bangalore, Ka, IN

Hi,

Way back in April 2009 I was contacted by an agency on behalf of SBI Railway Card promising me many free and discount offers. Later after receiving the card and its kit, I came to know that it is not applicable to me. Hence I didnt transact.

Later from the 1st statement itself I saw some charges popping up in the name of Insurance and finance charges. Though I had been promised for a free credit card, there was many hidden charges visible on the statement.

I tried contacting the customer care number, most of the times it doesnt work. Even if it connects,the executive wont answer the call and had put me on hold for 20-25 mins for around 5 to 6 times. I sent email, nobody responded to the email. Later I quit running behind it to close on the issue.

After 1 and a half years now they are repeatedly calling me, harassing me and has made me a defaulter as there was outstanding balances.

Now when i contact them they said I have contacted the customer care very late and cant do anything other than paying the whole amount mentioned in it.

Here I am asked to pay for whatever I havent been transacted for and I am forced to make the payment. They have defaulted my name as well.

Why is SBI doing this? And they boast they are the best bank in India. I have seen similar 100 complaints.